The Dyche option...

Under what circumstances would you consider appointing Sean Dyche at Everton?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't slating or insulting anyone to my mind. If he'd outright said they were cowards, the managers clueless or even publicly accused the players of lacking bollocks (something our manager did even with our perceived higher standards) then I could see the slight or insult.

But he didn't. There was no dig or insult aimed at players, the manager or club.

He leant on past experience to make an observation about how the pressures of a relegation fight and terrible form can affect a team's mentality and in turn how that relates to the opposition they were playing. It's a sporting generalisation that currently affects us and even as he talks about it he is acknowledging that he is and has been in that same boat and knows the opportunities it can offer others.

Disagree to be honest mate. Massively disrespectful, unprofessional and undignified in a professional context. To be honest it was also stupid as it was pure ammunition. But look you judge it off your own set of values.

If Lampard came out today and spoke about him being sacked and said well that’s what you get when you can’t set up a team to win games, with four wins all season etc. Would be equally disrespectful, unprofessional and undignified.

Your welcome to your own opinion though.

Last edited:

All jokes aside, Not a fan to be honest, he also strikes me as a bit arrogant, lacking in humility and another one of those managers the national media act bemused towards anyone who isn’t enthralled by them. Same with Allardyce.

In a way I think the likes of him , his club and certain other clubs have played a part in the stagnant and predictability of the league. Happy to “stay in there lane”, being sides that don’t affect the silverware side of things, don’t aspire long term to be substantially better long term to be a bigger club and managers, players content to oblige for the extraordinary wages they receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.