The early nineties

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few posters have mentioned that Stuart McCall wasn't good enough, I was quite young at the time but I thought he was a great player and well worthy of a title chasing midfield, the problems were elsewhere on the pitch

Same here - was quite young at the time too but often remember him standing out as one of our best players.

Same here - was quite young at the time too but often remember him standing out as one of our best players.
yeah McCall was a good player, very good even. I guess he just encapsulates the good-but-not-great phase the club was transitioning though at the time, before we arrived at just plain bad, so players from that era are hard to remember with much affection.

Howard Kendall sold McCall and ever replaced him, a much better than average player McCall, Kendall signed Farrally as one of the players to take McCalls place, says it all about Howard's thinking at at that time.

I think even Everton were in a position to nick the manager of Nagoya Grampus Eight, to be fair!

Nobody apart from the Arsenal board had heard of him. Don't think we've ever made an appointment as bold as that.

Don't know about that, Kendall mk 3 was pretty much by then: :p

Screenshot_20170220-181124.webp

Ps I know it's bald and not bold so more of a vocal gag than a written one but still can't blame a guy for trying!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back