Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
More letters to the Echo today:

"THE only way to sort the sorry state of affairs out at our club is for the fans to come together and arrange a series of peaceful protests aimed at letting Kenwright and his minions know that we are not prepared to carry on like this.
We want some quality players brought in or we want you out Bill. You can’t honestly say that we have left no stone unturned when looking for players. Look at all of the players who were available on loan this month who would have improved our side.
This is not on anymore, we shouldn’t be rooting around for scraps, we are Everton Football club!"

-------------------

"TO be honest it is pretty embarrassing to be an Everton fan at the minute.
The thing I find hard to understand is that we have let five players leave either permanently or on loan and we have only brought in two young lads to cover these positions. I understand that Agard and Silva are fringe players, but if we have a bout of injuries which is likely with our existing form, we may struggle to find a starting 11.
Why? Have the manager or chairman not made a statement explaining the issues? Or just something to appease the fans?
I truly believe that our fans will start protesting by not going to games and in the long run this will have more of a detrimental effect on the club."

------------

"I KEEP hoping that Bill Kenwright is sitting on the biggest secret in Liverpool and an Evertonian billionaire is about to come out of the woodwork, pay of our debts and build us a stadium. However, in the real world, you know you are in a mess when Blackpool can outspend you.
I don’t know how Moyes can put up much longer with having no money to spend. We are not even punching our weight anymore, let alone punching above it. God forbid but I don’t think anybody would blame David Moyes if he walked now."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...h-the-loss-of-steven-pienaar-100252-28106617/

:o

This is interesting from Bob Elstone's old firm Deloitte on the state of Premier League finances:

"Banks appear to be hardening their stance regarding their exposure to football clubs, and hence this option is increasingly closed to clubs. In addition, tax authorities are becoming more aggressive in their pursuit of clubs with unpaid debts. With limited appetite for funding football clubs among financial institutions, attention is therefore strongly focussed on the benefactor. The benefactor model delivers returns in either economic or emotional terms, and some more recent arrivals at the club ownership table have raised and/or invested huge sums to secure their ownership and, in some cases, to support their clubs’ ambitions. It now takes very deep pockets to fund an ambitious Premier League club. Although owners may – in the long term – achieve substantial returns on disposal of their clubs, as some predecessors did, and other sports franchise owners do elsewhere, in the interim the funding
requirements appear to be increasing. Furthermore, there remain a number of clubs who have been in the market for investment for some time. In the current economic climate there appear to be fewer potential investors attracted to buy a Premier League club, and the chill wind of relegation can freeze even that limited interest. Might the lack of available finance force clubs to change their strategy and focus on improving business performance – notably managing costs – which we have been advocating for many years?"

http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom...s Business Group/UK_SBG_ARFF2010_Foreword.pdf

In the absence of His Majesty King Robert of Elstone deeming fit to convey his thoughts on the fine mess the club is in to his wretched servants, this probably will do as a guideline as to the way the club are thinking: If we're not credit worthy we'll hammer the costs of running a club (including wages - especially wages - the greatest 'evil') and generally streamline the club in the event of the disaster of all disasters...relegation.

Welcome to the future.

This is interesting from Bob Elstone's old firm Deloitte on the state of Premier League finances:

"Banks appear to be hardening their stance regarding their exposure to football clubs, and hence this option is increasingly closed to clubs. In addition, tax authorities are becoming more aggressive in their pursuit of clubs with unpaid debts. With limited appetite for funding football clubs among financial institutions, attention is therefore strongly focussed on the benefactor. The benefactor model delivers returns in either economic or emotional terms, and some more recent arrivals at the club ownership table have raised and/or invested huge sums to secure their ownership and, in some cases, to support their clubs’ ambitions. It now takes very deep pockets to fund an ambitious Premier League club. Although owners may – in the long term – achieve substantial returns on disposal of their clubs, as some predecessors did, and other sports franchise owners do elsewhere, in the interim the funding
requirements appear to be increasing. Furthermore, there remain a number of clubs who have been in the market for investment for some time. In the current economic climate there appear to be fewer potential investors attracted to buy a Premier League club, and the chill wind of relegation can freeze even that limited interest. Might the lack of available finance force clubs to change their strategy and focus on improving business performance – notably managing costs – which we have been advocating for many years?"

http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom...s Business Group/UK_SBG_ARFF2010_Foreword.pdf

In the absence of His Majesty King Robert of Elstone deeming fit to convey his thoughts on the fine mess the club is in to his wretched servants, this probably will do as a guideline as to the way the club are thinking: If we're not credit worthy we'll hammer the costs of running a club (including wages - especially wages - the greatest 'evil') and generally streamline the club in the event of the disaster of all disasters...relegation.

Welcome to the future.

Haven't I been saying this for the past seven days?

Rather than crying out - WRONGLY like some - that Everton was close to administration... which it isn't

e.g. Davek claiming that the credit rating meant that EFC was going bust... etc

I said "KENWRIGHT CAN NO LONGER AFFORD EFC AND SO WILL BE GONE SOON ENOUGH". It's Kenwright who can no longer raise finance to change the business model. i.e. build infrastructure

And it is Kenwright that is now in no-mans land. So he'll HAVE to sell the asset "EFC" to ensure that he doesn't lose money.

If he doesn't sell it's then that EFC will be in trouble. Not this season. Not next season. But the season after if Kenwrights still here.

Glad you've just pretty much confirmed what I've been saying since the weekend.

Paddy Power better get ready to pay up!

Last edited:

Rather than crying out - WRONGLY like some - that Everton was close to administration... which it isn't

I said "KENWRIGHT CAN NO LONGER AFFORD EFC AND SO WILL BE GONE SOON ENOUGH". It's Kenwright who can no longer raise finance to change the business model. i.e. build infrastructure

And it is Kenwright that is now in no-mans land. So he'll HAVE to sell the asset "EFC" to ensure that he doesn't lose money.

If he doesn't sell it's then that EFC will be in trouble. Not this season. Not next season. But the season after if Kenwrights still here.

This is why like Matt, I believe Kenwright is keeping overheads low and is preparing to go he himself is at a deadend personally now with what he can do with Everton, I thought it before the window and convinced myself towards the end of it.

Did you get those odds from PP Matt? I want to bet on this myself.

Thanks, you've just confirmed what I've always thought: you haven't got a clue.

The passage from the report underlines that *ahem* 'some' clubs cant get a loan or loan extension anymore, have been useless at getting investment in, and have now gone down the road of slashing their squads to the bare minimum. Only a benefactor can avoid all that; rich men on the board...hold on...we have one of them but he's stuck in Miami and couldn't give a flying one. Thanks for bringing that useless [Poor language removed] on board, Bill.

Thanks, you've just confirmed what I've always thought: you haven't got a clue.

The passage from the report underlines that *ahem* 'some' clubs cant get a loan or loan extension anymore, have been useless at getting investment in, and have now gone down the road of slashing their squads to the bare minimum. Only a benefactor can avoid all that; rich men on the board...hold on...we have one of them but he's stuck in Miami and couldn't give a flying one. Thanks for bringing that useless [Poor language removed] on board, Bill.

It speculates they MAY go down that road in that report.

That's inevitable. As spending is outstripping revenue increases at MOST clubs.

But the good thing is - and ATTRACTIVE to investors is - that EFC haven't exhausted revenue streams.

We have an old stadium limited to 40,159.

It could be redeveloped and that capacity could be 55,000 or 60,000.

And regularly filled.

The more you say I'm clueless. The more I laugh.

Kenwright will be selling - and I'm betting on a redevelopment of Goodison thereafter.

WHY? The FIFA Financial Regulations - ENCOURAGE that to happen.

Heads up: something on BBC Radio Merseyside's Breakfast Show tomorrow morning about the Everton situation. Seems a strange place and time to have it, but that's what the presenter now on R. M'side just said. Hopefully someone from the Mary Celeste AKA Everton FC will be piping up with their version of what's happened, where we're at, and where we're going.

It speculates they MAY go down that road in that report.

That's inevitable. As spending is outstripping revenue increases at MOST clubs.

But the good thing is - and ATTRACTIVE to investors is - that EFC haven't exhausted revenue streams.

We have an old stadium limited to 40,159.

It could be redeveloped and that capacity could be 55,000 or 60,000.

And regularly filled.

The more you say I'm clueless. The more I laugh.

Kenwright will be selling - and I'm betting on a redevelopment of Goodison thereafter.

WHY? The FIFA Financial Regulations - ENCOURAGE that to happen.

Matt

Like you I'm privvy to certain information. I have also placed a substantial bet that Kenwright will sell his shares at some point in the future.

Keep on giving out the information, it's up to the haters to accept or disregard, it's all you can do.

Cheers

C ITK Elephant

* edit. I just reread what I wrote.

I stand by EVERYTHING.

Except - I mean the UEFA FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY REGULATIONS.

I hope you'll appreciate. I've had a tough day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back