The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Making predictions so close to the accounts being released is a bit daft, but I'd be surprised if there are large losses or gains. Broadly speaking, I think milks' post essentially sums the situation up: we spend what we earn on keeping the club going. That leaves no room for manoeuvre in the market when credit dries up, or when the on-field performances don't yield a European adventure or more television appearances. What extra cash we do have goes towards youngsters, since you can't get quality Premier League players for £250k or below. On top of that, as Moyes has said, bringing in loaners that don't improve the quality of the squad isn't really worth it. I think he'd rather blood the youngsters.

Of course, that doesn't mean there aren't questions to answer: what happened to the Pienaar money probably being the most pressing. Is Moyes keeping it in his pocket to sit alongside any Yak + Yobo money, or did it go to straight back to the banks? Where is the money for the Park end development coming from - this one may be in the public domain already, I just haven't read it - and what is the expected gain in revenue? Finally, what is the plan for the future? If there's nothing about a new stadium, I think the answer may well be that we need Moyes to (continue to) work a miracle and deliver success on a shoestring.

Not sure if anyone else has checked, but they're not shown as being submitted at Companies House yet.
If they submit them before they make them available on the OS, I'm downloading them for the sake of a quid & waiting like all the other rubes, urm, I mean fellow blues.....

Making predictions so close to the accounts being released is a bit daft, but I'd be surprised if there are large losses or gains. Broadly speaking, I think milks' post essentially sums the situation up: we spend what we earn on keeping the club going. That leaves no room for manoeuvre in the market when credit dries up, or when the on-field performances don't yield a European adventure or more television appearances. What extra cash we do have goes towards youngsters, since you can't get quality Premier League players for £250k or below. On top of that, as Moyes has said, bringing in loaners that don't improve the quality of the squad isn't really worth it. I think he'd rather blood the youngsters.

Of course, that doesn't mean there aren't questions to answer: what happened to the Pienaar money probably being the most pressing. Is Moyes keeping it in his pocket to sit alongside any Yak + Yobo money, or did it go to straight back to the banks? Where is the money for the Park end development coming from - this one may be in the public domain already, I just haven't read it - and what is the expected gain in revenue? Finally, what is the plan for the future? If there's nothing about a new stadium, I think the answer may well be that we need Moyes to (continue to) work a miracle and deliver success on a shoestring.

Good post mate. More questions than answers, as ever.

Over and above the present financial belt tightening that's shown up in this transfer window (and we'll see exactly why once the figures on losses are out), that bit in bold is the most pressing concern for me. We'll know where we stand presently as an organisation soon enough; but where are these people taking us is the question I want taken up and answered. You wont get that in a set of accounts. What's the plan to take us out of this hand to mouth existence in order to become competitive?

There's a criminal lack of accountability in that respect.

Not sure if anyone else has checked, but they're not shown as being submitted at Companies House yet.
If they submit them before they make them available on the OS, I'm downloading them for the sake of a quid & waiting like all the other rubes, urm, I mean fellow blues.....

The directors and auditors have signed the accounts, they don't need submitting until end of march, but shareholders are given a copy before they are put in the public domain thats why they are not at co's house.

There will all ways be questions as we dont know what is going on behind the scenes. But you ask a valid question what happened to the peanut money. But as moyes said he couldn't find anyone to bring in to improve the team. The park end deal is being funded buy our partners. So they have probably agreed contracts with everton which either provide the funds or secures loan financing to build the park end development.

I'm thinking EFC will be having an offer very soon, within weeks. Whatever the doom mongers (<----- not sure if thats a real term?) say about EFC not being attractive to new investors, it is. In my opinon its never been about us being a "non attractive club". Im sure Moyes will be happier then.

I'm thinking EFC will be having an offer very soon, within weeks. Whatever the doom mongers (<----- not sure if thats a real term?) say about EFC not being attractive to new investors, it is. In my opinon its never been about us being a "non attractive club". Im sure Moyes will be happier then.

I hope you're right mate.

No chance mate.

Honestly, there's no chance whatsoever. None.

Billy "Mubarak" Kenwright will be here til he dies.

No chance. There is still a recession, our ground is worth very little in the grand scheme of things, there is uncertainty with regards to the UEFA changes and TV deals (though the UEFA changes wont affect us directly) and (as the Guardian article pointed out earlier) what assets we have are either on the pitch or in the dugout.

In light of that I should point out that, IMHO, our current model (though Kenwright has implemented it badly) is not that bad an idea in the circumstances, we cannot compete in terms of fees or wages with the Sky Four, the RS, Villa and even the barcodes or Sunderland, and we shouldnt try to - what we should do is be sensible, which would include selling players if the price is right as long as we continue to get better ones in (which is possible), and wait for the football bubble to burst.

Anyone seen Evertonians for action on Facebook. It started up yesterday afternoon 150 people registered within a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back