The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't got a majority shareholding. There's 35,000 shares and he owns 8,754 of them. How is that a majority shareholding?

Thats 25%. In most companies - anything above 25% is considered sufficient to materially influence the running of a business.

i.e. to block activity or decisions by the board of directors.

He's therefore considered "the controlling shareholder".

It all depends on how widely dispersed the non-controlling shares are. For effective control of the company.

If a block of shareholders decided otherwise Kenwright would lose control. Even if that block controls <50% of the voting shares.

Majority and Controlling Shareholder are interchangable terms.

Last edited:
Matt...not read all of the thread but I noted the other day that you were convinced that we are going to be sold soon(ish)..Do you still hold that view?.....I hope you are right, it's the only hope we've got..

Thats 25%. In most companies - anything above 25% is considered sufficient to materially influence the running of a business.

i.e. to block activity or decisions by the board of directors.

He's therefore considered "the controlling shareholder".

It all depends on how widely dispersed the non-controlling shares are. For effective control of the company.

If a block of shareholders decided otherwise Kenwright would lose control. Even if that block controls <50% of the voting shares.

Majority and Controlling Shareholder are interchangable terms.

Oh, so not a majority shareholder then?

'Interchangeable terms'! ROFL!!

Mike Hughes the presenter just sorted it all out: 'look what happened to other clubs that got investment'.

Thanks Mike. :unsure:

Listening to it now. He actually just singled out Portsmouth and an example that investment in and of itself doesn't necessarily ensure success going forward.

Mike Hughes the presenter just sorted it all out: 'look what happened to other clubs that got investment'.

Thanks Mike. :unsure:

I wish I hadn't listened to it now. I feel even more depressed.

The Guardian reporter echoed what I've said all along, investors don't build stadia, they want to come in and start to buy players.

I fully understand the fierce opposition DK, but I firmly believe that it was a real missed opportunity and we are now suffering big time.

Listening to it now. He actually just singled out Portsmouth and an example that investment in and of itself doesn't necessarily ensure success going forward.

You've got to be in it to win it though. With Kenwrong we're not even close.

We literally can't do much worse than Kenwrong.

You've got to be in it to win it though. With Kenwrong we're not even close.

We literally can't do much worse than Kenwrong.

Actually there are many, many people worse than Kenwrong. Ask any Wrexham fan, they have had a parade of them.

I wish I hadn't listened to it now. I feel even more depressed.

The Guardian reporter echoed what I've said all along, investors don't build stadia, they want to come in and start to buy players.

I fully understand the fierce opposition DK, but I firmly believe that it was a real missed opportunity and we are now suffering big time.

I'm not saying a new/revamped facility isn't important, but the stadium aspect to a sale can be overhyped. Other clubs - most recently Blackburn - have a lower capacity to Everton and pull in less revenue than we do via that stream, but it didn't put off outside interest.

Matt...not read all of the thread but I noted the other day that you were convinced that we are going to be sold soon(ish)..Do you still hold that view?.....I hope you are right, it's the only hope we've got..

Yes. I still hold the view that Kenwright and the other share holders (with controlling interests in the club ) will be forced to sell.

Ok maybe forced is the wrong word. It would be "in their interests" to sell.

Since they can't finance necessary developments at the club.

The credit rating issue - is less about the availability of finance ... it's THE COST of the finance that's the issue which relates to the credit rating.

It means that Kenwright cannot take the club forward. In that circumstance - he would be literally mad not to sell in the near future (i.e. 6-12 months) (selling; which I believe he's previously resisted, but won't now as he's not stupid and knows this)

I believe he'll sell - then remain a minority shareholder in the club.

i.e. Kenwright cannot afford to borrow to finance developments. Due to the increased cost of borrowing.

So we need an owner who can preferably by putting their own money into the club's stadium development at preferential rates.

Increasing capacity by only 5000 will increase revenue by £200k a game.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back