The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats before any corporate sale and corporate capacity changes.
It would be interesting to know, from those that do know rather than those that bluster, whether Everton's corporate facilities are i) completely sold out for the season (disregarding the changes to lounges forced by the building work) and ii) if so, whether there is a waiting list for corporate boxes.

People keep on talking about more capacity and better seats and better corporate facilities but the facts are that currently we do not consistently sell out our ground (even discounting the limited visibility seats - and you would have to say that selling a good proportion of those seats would indicate a latent demand).

Season tickets don't sell out. We don't know about corporate sales but the economy seems to be in a tailspin and Liverpool, to put it mildly, might not best-placed to come out best against other cities.

I would tend to agree with David Conn that the "waiting for the bigger fool" theory is something that has crippled our club and that we ought to start on what we can work with. And that might be incremental improvements on stadium facilities, just like normal businesses have to go about things, rather than expecting to be taken over by Google or Microsoft or Apple.

Talk about Everton being sold is mental. We know Keith Harris is not reliable - he has form. This is all just chatter designed to preface some very bad accounts to be released soon; the thinking behind it being that 'things are bad but will be resolved shortly'. It's a ruse to take the pressure off. By summer we'll sell off a big name and bring two in and it'll be hailed as 'the business model' being back on track.

It's reading the tea leaves to believe that Kenwright/Elstone's slence + leaked info on credit exhaustion + January sale of players = an imminent sale. In fact, it's worse than that: it's a cruel trick being played by people who are supposed to be Evertonians on other Evertonians. What their motive is I dont know.

Talk about Everton being sold is mental. We know Keith Harris is not reliable - he has form. This is all just chatter designed to preface some very bad accounts to be released soon; the thinking behind it being that 'things are bad but will be resolved shortly'. It's a ruse to take the pressure off. By summer we'll sell off a big name and bring two in and it'll be hailed as 'the business model' being back on track.

It's reading the tea leaves to believe that Kenwright/Elstone's slence + leaked info on credit exhaustion + January sale of players = an imminent sale. In fact, it's worse than that: it's a cruel trick being played by people who are supposed to be Evertonians on other Evertonians. What their motive is I dont know.

If this is the case mate, they're making an even bigger bed to lie in....

I don't like what you're trying to imply there. But then again you're probably the most disingenuous poster on here.

Why would I feel the need to trick anyone?

Its you with the endless agenda-driven Kenwrong threads lad.

Not me.

I'm merely stating that Kenwright will be gone soon, as he cannot afford the club any more and he can't afford to increase turnover and he's in a dead end.

Therefore he will sell - and there ARE interested parties.

And those saying that we don't fill our ground - it was 38,000 against Blackpool. It was similar against Westham. The only reason we don't fill entirely is due to restricted view seats.

Plane and simple.

If this is the case mate, they're making an even bigger bed to lie in....

Just wait and see. When the CEO resurfaces from the bunker he's been hiding in for months he'll *explain* the club's directors behaviour in the context of getting 'ahead of the game', in the sense that we've turned toward addressing some of the demands of the Uefa Fairplay regulations re the paying down of liabilities promptly etc. All what we've witnessed through January (and, indeed, the last few transfer windows) will be repackaged as a necessary re-adjustment (or 'consolidation' as Matt Damon has argued) and sold back to supporters as a virtue.

They're a completely hard-nosed lot with hearts made out of flint. This board of directors wont shift until it suits them in terms of a massive valuation of their shares. And on that subject: if anyone buys into the notion that they're clearing the decks for a sale and holding down the level of debt to accomodate it, they should ask themselves if giving Moyes less than a million to spend on a loan deal would have been a deal breaker for parties *negotiating* with them.

It's all a very cruel deception. No wonder Matt Damon gave another poster earlier the bums rush when asked what LCAB (his mentor) had to say on the subject of a takeover. I bet LCAB knows it's the same old horse**** and is pissing himself laughing at Damon's stretching of the insubstantial evidence.

Last edited:

Just to add some of your "fachts", inconvenient though the truth may be, to the argument:

Wolves 37767
Man U 36556
Newcastle 38019
Liverpool 39673
Stoke 35513
Bolton 31808
Arsenal 36279
West Brom 35237
Wigan 32853
Spurs 34124
West Ham 34179
Blackpool 38202

Not including, to be fair, Cup matches.

Last edited:

So Dave K, please correct me if I'm wrong I am "supposed to be an evertonian" with a motive, please enlighten.

I am not supposed I am an evertonian have been all my life, I am not sourced and will not claim I am I have an opinion and a view based on the knowledge from a job I do.

But Is predicting administration not reading the tea leaves. Where is your proof that we are close to administration. Predicting that can have serious damage. My opinion has no motive just a point of view. I want kenwrigt out but I won't want to change him for the wrong person.

One opinion I do have if Kenwright had the money of Abramavitch he would be a god and not the devil like he is portrayed.

So Dave K, please correct me if I'm wrong I am "supposed to be an evertonian" with a motive, please enlighten.

I am not supposed I am an evertonian have been all my life, I am not sourced and will not claim I am I have an opinion and a view based on the knowledge from a job I do.

I wasn't talking about you mate, you're one of the people being cruelly deceived.

But Is predicting administration not reading the tea leaves. Where is your proof that we are close to administration. Predicting that can have serious damage. My opinion has no motive just a point of view. I want kenwrigt out but I won't want to change him for the wrong person.

One opinion I do have if Kenwright had the money of Abramavitch he would be a god and not the devil like he is portrayed.

It's not my argument we are. You've taken the bait there.

I wasn't talking about you mate, you're one of the people being cruelly deceived.

It's not my argument we are. You've taken the bait there.

Unlike anyone that listens to your moans and rants - this Damo W is an astute character.

He's no agenda. He's just gone through the issues and highlighted the accounting points that were interesting.

By implying otherwise you were doing a massive disservice. To Damo W and me.

And another thing - you've repeatedly said we're close to administration. You started the credit rating thread.

You've had a go at anyone saying that administration ISN'T going to happen is showing "head in the sand cowardice" !

Because you're entire agenda is anti-Kenwright.

Even D/D was yesterday poking your welcoming of every takeover going, even those that turned out to be disastrous !

This is 100% spot on. All the talking down of administration is head in the sand cowardice to face facts. We may not be in immediate threat of administration, but the quickening movement of the club in a certain direction is a great source of worry. When something goes down it goes down fast. It's the difference between that moment when cold water ceases to be liquid and turns to ice. In other words, it's only a matter of time before quantitative loss is transformed into something qualitative.

You're disingenuous Davek.

The sale/investment will happen soon enough, regardless of one Davek.

Because the totality of financial circumstances, will mean its the time for it to happen.

OH and I'm most certainly an Evertonian. Not trying to trick anyone or anything. I'm keen to see the club develop. And I foresee a redevelopment of Goodison step by step.

Last edited:
Unlike anyone that listens to your moans and rants - this Damo W is an astute character.

He's no agenda. He's just gone through the issues and highlighted the accounting points that were interesting.

By implying otherwise you were doing a massive disservice. To Damo W and me.

And another thing - you've repeatedly said we're close to administration. You started the credit rating thread.

You've had a go at anyone saying that administration ISN'T going to happen is showing "head in the sand cowardice" !

Because you're entire agenda is anti-Kenwright.

Even D/D was yesterday poking your welcoming of every takeover going, even those that turned out to be disastrous !

You're disingenuous Davek.

The sale/investment will happen soon enough, regardless of one Davek.

Because the totality of financial circumstances, will mean its the time for it to happen.

OH and I'm most certainly an Evertonian. Not trying to trick anyone or anything. I'm keen to see the club develop. And I foresee a redevelopment of Goodison step by step.

You forgot to highlight my words underneath that first sentence you quoted:

We may not be in immediate threat of administration, but the quickening movement of the club in a certain direction is a great source of worry.
That's me saying we're not going into administration, at least not anytime soon.

Funny that. I'm the one with the *agenda* but you're misrepresenting me! :blink:

Seriously, I do think you need to stop getting people's hopes up about a takeover. It's clear you're having an impact with some and it's just not right to mislead like that. Would that it were true, but there's absolutely no credible evidence to base the assertion on. I know you go on the word of LCAB, and I'd be surprised if he backs you up on your claim that the situation we're in is heading to being resolved with a takeover of the club. Maybe if he comments and puts this to bed you'll drop your own belief?

You forgot to highlight my words underneath that first sentence you quoted:

That's me saying we're not going into administration, at least not anytime soon.

Funny that. I'm the one with the *agenda* but you're misrepresenting me! :blink:

Seriously, I do think you need to stop getting people's hopes up about a takeover. It's clear you're having an impact with some and it's just not right to mislead like that. Would that it were true, but there's absolutely no credible evidence to base the assertion on. I know you go on the word of LCAB, and I'll be surprised if he backs you up on your claim that the situation we're in is heading to being resolved with a takeover of the club. Maybe if he comments and puts this to bed you'll drop your own belief?

It's you muddying the waters as usual. By continually implying its happening - then backing off because the implication idea's planted in some reading your posts.

Selected quotes:
How can I have fabricated that you defend the board? You always do.

*speechless*

Anyway, back to the issue.

We're going into administration.

It's easy to deal with a question:

Q. are you going into administration?

A. Of course not. That is simply not true.

You know JACK too. Re: LCAB or me.

And this change of tac from you says it all.

Will leave you to go have a good moan.

Last edited:
There's some serious opinions flying round in here.

Just because Chico is not posting right now, doesn't mean he's not bookmarking...

davek, MattD, tbh your constant bickering is boring the arse off most people, especially me. I come on this thread to read about the board and all we get is you 2 trying to get one up on each other.

please wind you necks in and give you heads a wobble.

davek, MattD, tbh your constant bickering is boring the arse off most people, especially me. I come on this thread to read about the board and all we get is you 2 trying to get one up on each other.

please wind you necks in and give you heads a wobble.

You're right. I think the bickering is filling a vacuum because there's no hard evidence of a takover...which is pretty much my point really.

I'll give it a rest in this thread until we hear something concrete about the takeover Matt reckons is on its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.