Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm as big a Kenwright critic as anyone. Bill's waterworks and playing up the cameras infuriate me, whether it's real or put on. He's the type of bloke who'd cry when he watches an advert where a woman buys a new perfume and it makes her feel confident and sexy again. The way Sky constantly flash him up on telly whenever we score is just embarrassing. As if they're backing up this myth that he's the "greatest Evertonian", just winds me up big time.

That said, I can see there are other owners and chairmen a hell of a lot worse. Imagine if Kenwright changed our shirts to red? Or if he put a statue of Michael Barrymore outside Goodison purely because he's his mate and then told fans to go to hell or go support someone else if they don't like it.

He's an actor, a crybaby, a buffoon, a crap businessman and a terrible liar. But he's not evil.

Years ago I read George Best's autobiography, Scoring at Half-time: Adventures on and off the Pitch, and laughed to myself when it talked about Kenwright's football allegiances. It's not something I've ever brought up on the forums before now, but given the turn this thread has taken I thought it'd be interesting to provide an excerpt:

'As far as I remember, Bill's ticket (besides plenty of the folding stuff) was his lifelong love of Everton. Therefore imagine my surprise while thumbing through an old book about the making of a famous 1960s play called Zigger Zagger when my eyes fell on the following passage:

three days before the opening Bill Kenwright, a former National Youth Theatre member and avid Liverpool fan, walked in and declared in hurt disbelief: "You have not used the song of the Kop - You'll Never Walk Alone."

Was there another young actor walking around the North-West in the mid-1960s by the name of Bill Kenwright? Had the author got it wrong? Who knows?' (Chapter 2, Page 81)

I'm not really bothered about his dubious claims of being the greatest Evertonian who ever lived, because ultimately his endless list of failures and farces are what matter most. However, having spent years reading glowing character references from his zealots, both here and previously on Blue Kipper, I thought it'd be nice to provide some balance.

I'll forever be staggered by people who believe every word that comes out of the mouth of a promoter with a background in acting. It's like having a white, camp version of Don King in charge.

Years ago I read George Best's autobiography, Scoring at Half-time: Adventures on and off the Pitch, and laughed to myself when it talked about Kenwright's football allegiances. It's not something I've ever brought up on the forums before now, but given the turn this thread has taken I thought it'd be interesting to provide an excerpt:

'As far as I remember, Bill's ticket (besides plenty of the folding stuff) was his lifelong love of Everton. Therefore imagine my surprise while thumbing through an old book about the making of a famous 1960s play called Zigger Zagger when my eyes fell on the following passage:

three days before the opening Bill Kenwright, a former National Youth Theatre member and avid Liverpool fan, walked in and declared in hurt disbelief: "You have not used the song of the Kop - You'll Never Walk Alone."

Was there another young actor walking around the North-West in the mid-1960s by the name of Bill Kenwright? Had the author got it wrong? Who knows?' (Chapter 2, Page 81)

I'm not really bothered about his dubious claims of being the greatest Evertonian who ever lived, because ultimately his endless list of failures and farces are what matter most. However, having spent years reading glowing character references from his zealots, both here and previously on Blue Kipper, I thought it'd be nice to provide some balance.

I'll forever be staggered by people who believe every word that comes out of the mouth of a promoter with a background in acting. It's like having a white, camp version of Don King in charge.

Ive always said the fella's a conman if he was the Liverpool owner he would proclaim he was the worlds biggest Kopite, he uses it to his advantage as he knows due to his lack of financial clout he offers nothing else

Genuinely never knew of that..
Thanks for posting.

242.gif

I know I said I'm swerving this thread until after the summer window, but for the interests of balance and truth, I can confirm Carlito's post, see here:

https://thesillibrityletters.wordpress.com/tag/bill-kenwright/

kenwr.png

No real opinion on it, but I'd find it interesting if the next interview he has he's asked about this, plus about the possibility of opening up shares to fans (so Everton can be fan-owned like Bayern/Barca, electing Club Presidents/Chairman at 4-yearly intervals).

I know I said I'm swerving this thread until after the summer window, but for the interests of balance and truth, I can confirm Carlito's post, see here:

https://thesillibrityletters.wordpress.com/tag/bill-kenwright/

kenwr.png

No real opinion on it, but I'd find it interesting if the next interview he has he's asked about this, plus about the possibility of opening up shares to fans (so Everton can be fan-owned like Bayern/Barca, electing Club Presidents/Chairman at 4-yearly intervals).

Fake Fake!!! Oh no its not! Oh yes it is! Sits back and awaits the pantomime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back