The Everton Board Thread

If you would, tell me what specific mistakes (and I agree there will be many of them) over the last 7 years that have been made by the board of the club that taken together has us in the bottom two of the PL.

These strategic goals you talk about: what concretely are they?

In reality BK's role is to act as a figurehead and DBB is there to continue her role as positioning the club as an all round good egg in the locality and prove that she's "across" all the latest industry developments governance-wise.

As I said earlier: the stadium is the only thing of note that Moshiri relies on others for...not the board, the officers of the club. The major calls on all other matters he makes.
Thing is we are struggling as a club and as a business because we lack two main things.

1. A coherent strategy. For this the blame lies solely with Moshiri.

2. An all encompassing, fully functional and active company culture. This includes all kinds of stuff such as
  • The relationships between people
  • How people communicate to each other
  • How decisions are made
  • The behaviours of individuals (on and off the field)
  • The performance of individuals
  • Attitudes and mindsets of individuals
  • How teammates work together (tactics etc)
  • How the crowd ‘show up' (our role in creating an atmosphere to support the club, both at Goodison Park and the merchandise we buy etc)
For failing to deliver this culture the entire board must hold their hands up - they are all guilty.

The output or result of any football club not having either a coherent strategy or a definable and active company culture can be summarised as.

1. Frequent changes of manager snd coaching staff

2. Star players wanting out of the toxic environment

3. Poor disjointed performances on the pitch

4. Lack of investment in youth ie signing fat, useless overpaid players instead of using young players

5. Declining ticket sales and revenue from merchandise

6. Declining fanbase

Sound familiar?

This is on both Moshiri and the board - They all must go if we are to have any chance of rebuilding our club

There goes our summer transfer money!!!

But we are at war Tim, not suggesting violence, but we can't be tip toeing around scared in case we make a noise.
I support any kind of protest that is peaceful and doesn't vandalise property. Putting graffiti on Goodison is against the fan base and I will never support it

It is not going to help in any way

The protests against the incompetent Owner and Board must go on. The fan base need to continue to make any appearance by them at games as uncomfortable as they can in any legal and lawful way. They should be confronted on every occasion and questioned about their roles and responsibilities. All forms of lawful communication should be used to get the message across that they are not wanted in this club and they should resign.
However no one should step outside the rule of law, to do so is to weaken our case. To do so will dilute our message, we cannot allow them the opportunity to claim the narrative. The true message is that none of them is capable of running a successful football club and they should leave, anything that allows them to turn the focus away from that is counterproductive. More importantly, not one true Everton fan should risk a criminal conviction as a result of the actions of the Owner or Board, they have shown themselves to be beneath contempt, they have lost all integrity, not one of them is worth falling foul of the law for. Keep up the good fight but also keep yourself safe.

Have they still not released a statement on their attendance or not today?

Not yet mate, they're still working out what WWE move they can come up with this week to explain their non attendance.

"The BBC can confirm according to an inside source at the club, that Graeme Sharp was clotheslined by a giant panda whilst heading to his seat"

I support any kind of protest that is peaceful and doesn't vandalise property. Putting graffiti on Goodison is against the fan base and I will never support it

It is not going to help in any way
I agree with this, however admittedly I am also sympathetic to why those particular fans have done it because it sets a clear message, which is widely shared.

Unless they clean it off pre-match, which I suspect they have done already, the people who need to see it will see it. If they don't, it's on social media anyway.

I won't condone violence nor threats to do so, however the message needs to be consistent in terms of expectations and duration - this isn't going away.

Anyway, I'm made to believe that the board will be there today.

Thing is we are struggling as a club and as a business because we lack two main things.

1. A coherent strategy. For this the blame lies solely with Moshiri.

2. An all encompassing, fully functional and active company culture. This includes all kinds of stuff such as
  • The relationships between people
  • How people communicate to each other
  • How decisions are made
  • The behaviours of individuals (on and off the field)
  • The performance of individuals
  • Attitudes and mindsets of individuals
  • How teammates work together (tactics etc)
  • How the crowd ‘show up' (our role in creating an atmosphere to support the club, both at Goodison Park and the merchandise we buy etc)
For failing to deliver this culture the entire board must hold their hands up - they are all guilty.

The output or result of any football club not having either a coherent strategy or a definable and active company culture can be summarised as.

1. Frequent changes of manager snd coaching staff

2. Star players wanting out of the toxic environment

3. Poor disjointed performances on the pitch

4. Lack of investment in youth ie signing fat, useless overpaid players instead of using young players

5. Declining ticket sales and revenue from merchandise

6. Declining fanbase

Sound familiar?

This is on both Moshiri and the board - They all must go if we are to have any chance of rebuilding our club
Yes, and as a I said, there'd be many mistakes over the course for the last 7 years (and previous to that by Kenwright) but the major decisions on hirings and firings of managers and DoFs have cratered the club and only Moshiri is in the frame for that.

FFS.

Manager "I get it, but can we park this for now?"

That's just shat on his face.

Relegate this club now. It's over.

"So Everton fan, what was the reason you got relegated this season? Poor recruitment, poor manager, issues with the board, FFP restrictions or all of the above?"

"Erm no, it was cos someone painted on the side of the stadium, that's what sent us down ".

There's drama
Then there's Dave drama

Honestly mate, you could have been a star on a TV show like El Dorado

"So Everton fan, what was the reason you got relegated this season? Poor recruitment, poor manager, issues with the board, FFP restrictions or all of the above?"

"Erm no, it was cos someone painted on the side of the stadium, that's what sent us down ".

There's drama
Then there's Dave drama

Honestly mate, you could have been a star on a TV show like El Dorado
All down to Moshiri's decision making.

Yes, and as a I said, there'd be many mistakes over the course for the last 7 years (and previous to that by Kenwright) but the major decisions on hirings and firings of managers and DoFs have cratered the club and only Moshiri is in the frame for that.

There is that Dave but those years of Kenwright laid the foundation.