The Everton Board Thread

Yea, the board are hanging him out to dry, hoping he'll spin the requisite positivity for them to piggy back any potential positives from his survival scrap. He's even saying how hard everyone worked over two days when the question was related to two windows. He should not be in that situation, should be Thelwell answering that question. Just makes me hate the board all the more. They can align with our collective middle finger
I agree. It's a scandal he's left to answer questions they should be answering.

He talks of the protest and the reason for protesting though as "noise".

Now that suggests to me that it's something that's distarcting. If we all talk about noise that's what we're referring to isn't it?

I agree. It's a scandal he's left to answer questions they should be answering.

He talks of the protest and the reason for protesting though as "noise".

Now that suggests to me that it's something that's distarcting. If we all talk about noise that's what we're referring to isn't it?
In that context I suppose he does mean that, and that the players will have to put up with it. He also asks for a horrible noisy Goodison and I think the fans proved they can protest and get behind the team perfectly, like before and after the Arsenal game. During it they were exactly what he wants

In that context I suppose he does mean that, and that the players will have to put up with it. He also asks for a horrible noisy Goodison and I think the fans proved they can protest and get behind the team perfectly, like before and after the Arsenal game. During it they were exactly what he wants
It's messy though Isn't it?

War then unity for 90 minutes x 8.

That's unsustainable.

Especially when you consider the objective is unattainable. That board are informally out of the way but wont be formally ditched this side of the summer.

Or reading between the lines he is looking forward to a time in the future when the board have gone so that the fans and club can see eye to eye again.
I didn't detect that tbh.

He's in a poor position: he obviously would like the current hierarchy who hired him to survive but he knows he has to keep the fans onside.

This is what I mean when I say that the fans are the best thing about the club while questioning the strategy a protest group has adopted to lead those fans.

I think that protest group are wrong.

They could make choice to avoid every game being a protest and state that the protests will abate as long as the board stays away, or even take the choice to use the final home game of the season to mount a massive protest at the club's plight.

We need to ask what's best for the team and work back from there.

I have no criticism of the fans. As I said: they're the only aspect of this club that still has standards.

I just question the strategy being deployed here on the run-in. ?‍♂️

So, given the above can you confirm that when we get relegated you won't be spending most of your time on here blaming the fans? As it certainly seems to be what you are lining up for your Season 23/24 storyline

Just keep the march good natured and film it ourselves so the supporters will have a record of what happened. This can then be used against any further smear campaigns against the fanbase carried out in the media.

100% this

When it all comes out what Bill Kenwright and his supporters like Denise Barrett-Baxendale, have been doing and it will (I'm led to believe journalists are already looking into it) then people will certainly have a different view on things

Why did EFCSA put forward a "no confidence vote" petition? Not exactly the most rebellious of organisations are they? There's reasons. Which people can determine if they look carefully
Do you think the boards no show for the southampton game was anything to do with the MSP group people being at the match. I find it very strange behaviour from the chairman and board not to be there to greet them. They mustve known they were coming.

100% this

When it all comes out what Bill Kenwright and his supporters like Denise Barrett-Baxendale, have been doing and it will (I'm led to believe journalists are already looking into it) then people will certainly have a different view on things

Why did EFCSA put forward a "no confidence vote" petition? Not exactly the most rebellious of organisations are they? There's reasons. Which people can determine if they look carefully
Believe it when I see it. They will probably wait until he has gone before it's published

100% this

What have they supposed to have done ?

Do you think the boards no show for the southampton game was anything to do with the MSP group people being at the match. I find it very strange behaviour from the chairman and board not to be there to greet them. They mustve known they were coming.

I think it is a combination of things. Including specific circumstances of Bill Kenwright since Christmas. I agreed with @GrandOldTeam not to add that speculation on this forum.

However, there is lots going on behind the scenes at the club.

I would just add. Farhad Moshiri may have different private views on what is going on to what he's said publicly. Moshiri is in a very political situation within the club, including his dealings with the board members

Edit. I add I have a lot of sympathy for Moshiri given the situation these board members have put his investment and him in

Last edited:
I thought along similar minds and posted on 31/01/23, see #9588 for the full post, here's an edited bit -

"This may be stretching it, but not impossible and a feasible scenario,. The four flew over in the week prior to the Southampton game. Did the discussions about investment take place in the days before the game? If so, where and between which people? The Bloomberg article of 25/01/23 recaps events and refers to talks between Moshiri, Everton & MSP (tripartite)., with a reference to 'others' also being potential investors. Presumably the Bloomberg brief came from an MSP source (unnamed). The discussions would presumably have Moshiri in attendance and probably Kewright, maybe DBB at a push but not Ingles or Sharp and the Americans themselves. Did the discussions include the Americans voicing a desire to have a seat on the Everton Board as part of any substantial investment. If so, has Bill felt it a potential hostile development where his influence is diluted, questioned and weakened. History suggests he has form for turning away investors when it doesn't suit him. Yet he only has 1.3% of the shares.

Knowing the MSP delegation were scheduled to attend the Southampton game, did the known post-match peaceful protest provide an opportunity for snubbing the Yanks. The 12 o'clock statement came out of the blue, with allegations of threats (not reported to the Police), a risk assessment from some unnamed source (again not from the Police), the casual revelation of the historic 'Headlockgate', not forgetting Bill suffering from ill health. Thus none of the Everton Board were in attendance to receive Najafi and Co, in affect giving them the cold shoulder. Is this the back-story and real reason for that episode? Are MSP still 'considering', even with the prospect of relegation looming?"

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back