The Everton Board Thread

This is jaw-dropping garbage. In a year where we were nearly relegated at the end of last season, and currently sit just below the relegation zone again, on the back of 2 games against Bournemouth where we lost 7-1 on aggregate, our esteemed CEO proclaims ‘a year of resilience and progression.’
Why not strike a conciliatory tone acknowledging that the last 12 months haven’t been good enough and mistakes have been made. I have no confidence that those at the top have learned any lessons, instead just put out self-congratulatory clap trap like this.

Blah blah blah nonsensical buzzwords and phrases.

This is jaw-dropping garbage. In a year where we were nearly relegated at the end of last season, and currently sit just below the relegation zone again, on the back of 2 games against Bournemouth where we lost 7-1 on aggregate, our esteemed CEO proclaims ‘a year of resilience and progression.’
Why not strike a conciliatory tone acknowledging that the last 12 months haven’t been good enough and mistakes have been made. I have no confidence that those at the top have learned any lessons, instead just put out self-congratulatory clap trap like this.
Given that a year or so DBB was actively looking at new job opportunities she is now beginning to sound like someone with absolutely no intention of ever going anywhere!

Given that a year or so DBB was actively looking at new job opportunities she is now beginning to sound like someone with absolutely no intention of ever going anywhere!

She is likely receiving a considerable salary, she won’t give that up unless a better offer comes along. Given the lack of scrutiny from the media on the boards performance which needs looking into itself, they are comfortable and won’t be going anywhere. It would probably take a relegation for any substantial intense pressure on them which says everything.

67676972-8946-48E5-88DE-2B695EF9B5E8.jpeg

She is likely receiving a considerable salary, she won’t give that up unless a better offer comes along. Given the lack of scrutiny from the media on the boards performance which needs looking into itself, they are comfortable and won’t be going anywhere. It would probably take a relegation for any substantial intense pressure on them which says everything.

View attachment 197967
Those are very telling statistics. And if you are Farhad Moshiri, you don't want Board members and senior employees asking you tough questions, issuing challenges or pushing the need for change. In that way, he has got exactly the Board membership and senior execs that he wants. Yes people, lackeys and sycophants who also care highly about their own self-preservation.

Those are very telling statistics. And if you are Farhad Moshiri, you don't want Board members and senior employees asking you tough questions, issuing challenges or pushing the need for change. In that way, he has got exactly the Board membership and senior execs that he wants. Yes people, lackeys and sycophants who also care highly about their own self-preservation.

Yep.

It won’t change unless something even worse than last season occurs. What’s happening now is a result of real scrutiny and being held to account not happening.

Forget the media , forget a lot of fan media. They say nothing. Silence.

And I know what some will say, that it’s a “if you are not with us, you are the enemy” kind of thing. I wouldn’t go that far. I would say their silence says everything. I think they forget people do notice such things.

It does seem like they've gotten around to finally modernizing the club with sports science, scouting, coaching, etc. Of course they're late on everything so catching up actually is going to require them to be on the leading edge for a bit now and I just am not convinced yet. For example they've hired a set piece analyst, something clubs have been doing for at least a decade. Little late to the party.

Blah blah blah nonsensical buzzwords and phrases.

That letter should be one paragraph and one massive apology for the lot of them being absolutely crap at their job.

Useless the lot of them, "Kevin has his 120 key point dossier to help us improve".

Here's the only key point you need Denise, the lot of you to f'off and we'll all be the better for it

Who'd hire her? I mean, she's basically useless. She's good at running a charity, and it appears that she sees the club as a charity, but who'd have her for anything else?
It was suggested (yes I know, unverifiable) that a couple of years ago DBB had sat in front of some influential committees (looking at football governance) and believed she had impressed and done well enough to secure a better job away from Everton. But apparently/allegedly, the opposite was true!

But for balance, a family member of an Everton fan I know met Marcel Brands at a PSV home game a year ago and he said he had the highest regard for DBB, called her shrewd and very sharp.

It was suggested (yes I know, unverifiable) that a couple of years ago DBB had sat in front of some influential committees (looking at football governance) and believed she had impressed and done well enough to secure a better job away from Everton. But apparently/allegedly, the opposite was true!

But for balance, a family member of an Everton fan I know met Marcel Brands at a PSV home game a year ago and he said he had the highest regard for DBB, called her shrewd and very sharp.
I'm sure she's a very bright woman. But she's part of an extremely well remunerated board whose football team lies fourth bottom of the Premier League. She's demonstrably part of a failed team.

I'm sure she's a very bright woman. But she's part of an extremely well remunerated board whose football team lies fourth bottom of the Premier League. She's demonstrably part of a failed team.
100% agreement on that part. The skills that DBB has are not those needed to arrest the sharp decline of a club that will have lost over £400m across the past four years (once the 21-22 financial accounts are finally published)

It is kinda mad how we're branded as The People's Club, do great charity work, have a cohesive fanbase for the most part and all that, generally too how if you take some weird views from sections of other fanbases that we're quite respected, liked and seen as a proper club but we're run by the biggest gang of unlikeable, scummy, annoying parasites in football. The absolute leeches won't let go of any grip of the club because they know once they do not only will they never profit again, not only will they be widely regarded as laughing stocks but the club might actually flourish and show what decades of imcomtence can do on a massive level.

Even taking Moshiri aside, for a board so "revered" like ours according to Bill, I genuinely think if you took any of the 19 other club's board structures, as well as many Championship ones too, and put them in place at Everton we'd absolutely thrive, even with Moshiri at the helm.

Took Newcastle less than a full season with money to transform from a sure thing for relegation to a top half stable club. Since we last finished in the top 6, Leicester have lost the playoffs, come up, almost get relegated, win the league, win the FA Cup and generally establish themselves as a top 8 side, Brighton have come up and established themselves as a top 10 side with a tiny budget, Villa, Wolves, Leeds and Fulham have all come up and re-established themselves as well as Brentford too.

Literally 8 teams there who in the past decade have spent probably most of their time doing nothing in the Championship, in the same period of time we came into all of our millions and literally bar none the 8 of them have come up and surpassed us on and off the pitch, whether through managers, staff, board or transfers. And yet our CEO and board want a pat on the back for having us sit 17th at Christmas. Absolute joke.