The Evertonian Guide to Bern

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 more of us on that flight from Newcastle. Looking forward too it.

Am I right to just book the Geneva - Bern train then? And get Airport - Geneva on the day. it's all one train anyway isn't it? Don't have to get off in Geneva do we?
Apparently you can get a ticket at the airport as well which gets you to Geneva for free on the train.

Every train which is leaving geneva airport is going to geneva main Train station. But not every Train from geneva aiport is going to Berne. Trains running from geneva airport to Bern always leave at XX:06 and XX:36.
The final station of the XX:36 is always ST.Gallen
The final Station of the XX:06 is always Lucerne

Am i doing something wrong here or is supersaver only on certain times?

they update the website in real time (2 weeks ahead). if you want to buy a ticket for leaving basle at 11 am, you'll have to wait till 11 am today.

This is saying upgrade city basel (which is ticket ) and upgrade city Bern which is ticket. So i presume this is first class. Does this type of ticket give you the option to travel on any train ?

with supersaver you can only travel with the train you've booked. thats why it is so cheap. the trains outside the commuting hours will be the cheapest. the price should be around 20 or 30 francs.

they update the website in real time (2 weeks ahead). if you want to buy a ticket for leaving basle at 11 am, you'll have to wait till 11 am today.

with supersaver you can only travel with the train you've booked. thats why it is so cheap. the trains outside the commuting hours will be the cheapest. the price should be around 20 or 30 francs.

Ah thats fair enough. Thanks for your help with this.

Just sorted 7 of us on the 9.06 Zurich to Bern train, 25 francs each, i'll have to stay up till 11.30 to book our returns though, why don't they just put the supersavers up for the full day?

Thanks,

Ive had a look at Basel to Bern and you can get the tickets at 40CHF each way however the latest you can go its saying is 08:30ish and then coming back the last supersaver is just after 09:00am ... Am i doing something wrong here or is supersaver only on certain times?
Thanks,

Ive had a look at Basel to Bern and you can get the tickets at 40CHF each way however the latest you can go its saying is 08:30ish and then coming back the last supersaver is just after 09:00am ... Am i doing something wrong here or is supersaver only on certain times?

I've seen on here that the match ticket gets you free travel around bern...so presumably that means train also from bern main station to wankdorf? Looking to book train today for basel to bern but wondering if I should quote just into main station or to wankdorf.. Doubt there's much price difference

the sbb likes to pick on people. i'm sure everyone in the ticket office is laughing viciously while updating the website.

but to be fair...they're pretty good with the whole train business.

Yes, the process for buyng the tickets is very simple, it's just the hassle of having to log in later tonight to book the return journey instead of booking it all at the same time this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.