The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's change. Change, that can only improve the state of the club that's been sinking for far to long.
It wont be change overnight, he wont be in the sweetshop throwing his cash around. He will prioritise fixing a broken club and making debt a priority.
It will take time and I expect it wont please everybody how he takes to the task.
But if the Takeover goes through then we can start the journey of getting our club back, whilst becoming financially stable. It will be a journey of total Restructure. And with the new stadium, players will be jumping at the chance of getting a piece of it..

And we wont be bringing filth like Benitez to be part of that project..

And I certainly wont be shouting out about 'Roma' just to find a fault in his project. 😴

It's change. Change, that can only improve the state of the club that's been sinking for far to long.
It wont be change overnight, he wont be in the sweetshop throwing his cash around. He will prioritise fixing a broken club and making debt a priority.
It will take time and I expect it wont please everybody how he takes to the task.
But if the Takeover goes through then we can start the journey of getting our club back, whilst becoming financially stable. It will be a journey of total Restructure. And with the new stadium, players will be jumping at the chance of getting a piece of it..

And we wont be bringing filth like Benitez to be part of that project..

And I certainly wont be shouting out about 'Roma' just to find a fault in his project. 😴

Not sure on the transfer side of things.

I do think new owners always want to 'make a statement' when they first come in.

Gets the fans onside. My hope is that Thelwell can get alot of business done before the takeover is completed.

Then The Friedkin Group can come in and make one 'big' signing to push us on

Well, hopefully they don't become our owners, but if they do: the duty of all Evertonians won't be to "get behind them". The duty of all Evertonians will be to watch them like hawks and criticise them when they get it wrong...something we should have done with 'The Mosh' as you and others liked to call him.

I offer no apologies for getting behind The Mosh, nor will I offer any if these fellas get it wrong.

I said for the last 8 months that nobody else would be interested in us, other than 777.

I was wrong, we now have a decent group of fellas looking to buy us and invest in the business and hopefully grow us off and on the pitch.

So if its ok with you, I will look to the future with positivity, if at some point these fellas show that they arent worthy, then I will start calling them out on it.

You wanna start before they even get their feet under the table, thats cool and all that, but its not for me.

I'm not going to "get behind them" or anyone

Hate that phrase. Used by people trying to tell others what to do or think

I'm going to see what WHAT THEY DO not just what they say. Plus hold everyone accountable at Everton Football Club

As I said yesterday we are not a cult

Those people that used to support Bill Kenwright regardless of what he did. Have people not learnt any lessons ?

Hopefully we're in a position where we don't need to sacrifice Branthwaite or Onana this season unless a truly astronomical bid comes in which you'd need to accept regardless of the situation.

Maybe we're just £10-20m away from being 'safe' from further points deductions, covered by selling Dobbin and DCL it seems.

Once we pass that particular hurdle, I'm hoping the new owners have a plan in place to improve the first team. I think they can do this easily knowing that if we don't sell either of Jarrad or Amadou now, there will be plenty of takers next summer, which can more than even out - within the same financial period - what is spent this summer. Spend £60m this summer on a striker, winger and number 10, recoup the money back by selling Onana in 12 months.

It's foolish to think either player will be here past this season unless there is incredible improvement into the top 4 - which obviously isn't happening.

Weird, your prism doesn’t seem to be working anymore Dave.;)

“Martinez on the effect of the Europa League programme. Bottom line says it all and why season two has to be seen through that prism.”
That makes no sense as a critique of what I'm saying. All Martinez was saying was that the Europa League preparations and games were an important way to prepare for the far more important PL programme...in other words PL > European competition.

That makes no sense as a critique of what I'm saying. All Martinez was saying was that the Europa League preparations and games were an important way to prepare for the far more important PL programme...in other words PL > European competition.

This is famously at odds with your “5th and 17th is the same thing” comments from when Martinez was our manager. You seemed to throw all of your eggs into our Europa League run basket back then.

Would like to know how your acquiring any shares, I’ve been on a waiting list for 7 months and none are available
It used to be only via Blankstone Sington, but they’re now also privately traded through Albert E Sharp via Asset Match. They’re currently taking orders for the next auction.

About the take over, we are not fully clear how much is being paid to accomplish this, Moshiti's shares but how much debt do we have and what is the paying off deadline.

However with the Bramley Moore Stadium, proceeds from disposing of Goodison and the other assets it seems to me that our club moves into the Billionaire + class. No wonder there was buyer interest.

Not sure on the transfer side of things.

I do think new owners always want to 'make a statement' when they first come in.

Gets the fans onside. My hope is that Thelwell can get alot of business done before the takeover is completed.

Then The Friedkin Group can come in and make one 'big' signing to push us on
Normally I’d agree but any new owners has that golden goose of an excuse which is PSR given the recent noise for us around it. He will do some business I’m sure, but it won’t be extravagant. Even if we had money I’m not sure the calibre of player we need would come in our current state.

Normally I’d agree but any new owners has that golden goose of an excuse which is PSR given the recent noise for us around it. He will do some business I’m sure, but it won’t be extravagant. Even if we had money I’m not sure the calibre of player we need would come in our current state.

Depends on the business we do by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back