The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is. You can't just call in a loan unless the loan contract says you can under the terms and conditions
It's mentioned that 777's legal issues are partly to blame, could the result of those impact when that loan is due? As in, if they end up in trouble could we then by extension have to pay earlier?

It is widely known that 777 had lent us £200 million. I would have thought any new owner would have been looking to pay off that debt (Friedkin paid the £158 to MSP) could someone explain what makes the £200 million owed to 777/A-Cap so toxic as to scupper the deal? Is it the fear that that legal authorities may view whoever pays that debt off as being embroiled in some form of money laundering?

all i knew/thought was that friedkin

paid of 200 mill to someone

It's mentioned that 777's legal issues are partly to blame, could the result of those impact when that loan is due? As in, if they end up in trouble could we then by extension have to pay earlier?

No.

In the event of damages being awarded the court could allow the seizure of assets by Leadenhall. This is a US issue. Entirely really.

There's obviously more to it, but its taken them however long + 4 weeks of exclusivity talks to find out that 777 are dodgy?

Yes it makes no sense at all. It was all in the public domain.

Doesnt take a month to see the 777 deal agreement.

2 weeks for light due diligence and this would all be clear.

get off you horrible vile man had enough of you and your anti everton bashing
I thought that fella was banned as well mate. We're kind of effed tbh.

No one half decent will touch us with a forty foot poll, due to the loans with those 777 gangsters.

Nice one Moshiri and nice one Bill this club is halfway to joining you in the grave now!

Yeah it seems like they didn't want to pay the full debts and get a haircut on the loans, so how much were they going to actually put into us and help us progress?

As much as I endorsed the Friedkin Group, the more you see, the less impressed you become.

I wouldn't be surprised that they were looking to sell Roma to the Saudi's in which that money would cover the purchase of EFC & the covering of its debts.

Maybe that deal has gone cold and so has Friedkin's desire to pump money into EFC ?

Yes it makes no sense at all. It was all in the public domain.

Doesnt take a month to see the 777 deal agreement.

2 weeks for light due diligence and this would all be clear.
Announcement could easily be weeks after the decision, perhaps to help Everton out as they're now part of the debt club and its in their interests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.