The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

So many things don’t pass the smell test:
- TFG didn’t need to pay the MSP.. they chose too. To plough in that much cash before doing a due diligence seems reckless. So they were certain they wanted to invest at the time. The MSP thing really just allowed the EPL to confirm them. They didn’t need to do that before they had performed their due dilligence
- I don’t see the 777 debt as an issue unless there is some underlying issue in the terms. Or it legally cannot be paid until the litigation issue is sorted. (I have no idea). TFG could lend the money to Everton who in turn just convert the 777 debt into a TFG one in effect. 777 out the picture and their issues don’t affect us or TFG.

Havent read all the way back but found out they also walked away from the roma takeover aswell. Just have to wait it out does look like a way to put pressure on 777 and moshiri to cover the difference or accept less

TFG playing games

No mate because if that was the case they would not have made a bid for the club knowing the debt position.

Their issue is a liquidity one.

So they don't have the $200 million to pay off the 777 loan? I find that highly unlikely.

They want ACap to take a haircut. ACap may even be receptive to it, but it would create a contingent liability.

Havent read all the way back but found out they also walked away from the roma takeover aswell. Just have to wait it out does look like a way to put pressure on 777 and moshiri to cover the difference or accept less

Waiting it out is a risk considering this is a club that has been involved in relegation battles and arguably has one of the most mediocre squads in the Premier League. The club desperately needs a revamp for the better and the longer this drags on is a potential detriment to that.

- I don’t see the 777 debt as an issue unless there is some underlying issue in the terms. Or it legally cannot be paid until the litigation issue is sorted. (I have no idea). TFG could lend the money to Everton who in turn just convert the 777 debt into a TFG one in effect. 777 out the picture and their issues don’t affect us or TFG.
But let's say we pay off the whole 777 debt to whoever (or put it in escrow). Why should the other lenders then take a reduction on what they get in return for their loans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back