The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TFG still have a foot in the door. They have replaced the MSP loan with their own loan, and my understanding is that the security on this loan is the new stadium. TFG have a significant amount of money tied up in Everton.

IMG_2322.jpeg

This run of bad news and gut punches is just never ending at the moment. Sucking the last vestiges of love for the game out.
You're right.
I'm trying to take all this new development in, and failing miserably. So at this present moment I just feel like cashing my chips in and walking away from the whole shebang. It's my own fault as once again I thought the club had turned a corner and was on the up. I'll never learn.
The best I can do is take @davek advice in his latest post and just watch the football.

These were supposed to be 'serious people'. Remember that.

They KNEW all the baggage of 777/A-Cap/Leadenhall and Uncle Tom Cobley an' all before they started 'discussions' with Moshiri.

Now the 'serious people' with 'football club governance experience' have just added another layer of debt and got out.

The clever people among our support were championing that lot.

Bear that in mind when they tell you anything more about who's best owning and controlling this club.

The worst development there's ever been in modern football is the fan-finance 'experts'. They destroy other fans enjoyment in following a football club with their grandstanding, and at the end of the day they know about as much as the rest of us...absolute f.a.

I've said for ages: just watch the football. There's nothing for us to get engaged with or het-up about over ownership issues. It happens above our heads and always has done.

We'll get our new owners at some point. It's as sure as night follows day. And we wont end up like Leeds before it happens either.

Do yourself a favour: stop listening to the fan-financial experts. Stop mithering yourself with off-field affairs - we're not privy to them in any case, and neither is any 'expert' fan. Just focus on supporting the team.
I agree entirely with the sentiment, but it is mightily difficult to divorce football from finance. At least it is for Evertonians these days.

The truth is in the middle usually, things are rarely quite as bleak nor quite as benign as posited by the Twitter/X experts, and already today I've read very contrasting analyses on what this means for us.

We must be creating a record for the amount of exclusivity periods that ended in no deal, that's for sure.

All this accounting and finance stuff does impact the team though. The points deductions alone speak to that.

TFG still have a foot in the door. They have replaced the MSP loan with their own loan, and my understanding is that the security on this loan is the new stadium. TFG have a significant amount of money tied up in Everton.

Maybe this was always their plan.

Problem is that there are too many EFC fans who fall for the charm of US businessmen.

American owners are largely shysters just look at the Glazers and the state of Old Trafford.

Need to steer clear of them & Super Blues Bell & Dowling with their big Dell backed loan put against BMD also.

These were supposed to be 'serious people'. Remember that.

They KNEW all the baggage of 777/A-Cap/Leadenhall and Uncle Tom Cobley an' all before they started 'discussions' with Moshiri.

Now the 'serious people' with 'football club governance experience' have just added another layer of debt and got out.

The clever people among our support were championing that lot.

Bear that in mind when they tell you anything more about who's best owning and controlling this club.

The worst development there's ever been in modern football is the fan-finance 'experts'. They destroy other fans enjoyment in following a football club with their grandstanding, and at the end of the day they know about as much as the rest of us...absolute f.a.

I've said for ages: just watch the football. There's nothing for us to get engaged with or het-up about over ownership issues. It happens above our heads and always has done.

We'll get our new owners at some point. It's as sure as night follows day. And we wont end up like Leeds before it happens either.

Do yourself a favour: stop listening to the fan-financial experts. Stop mithering yourself with off-field affairs - we're not privy to them in any case, and neither is any 'expert' fan. Just focus on supporting the team.

Oh the irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.