The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This takeover won’t be sorted until this 777 court case is settled in America I hope we won’t have to wait years just hope we stay up until new stadium is ready how long will these sky high interests payments will we have to pay for how many years

This takeover won’t be sorted until this 777 court case is settled in America I hope we won’t have to wait years just hope we stay up until new stadium is ready how long will these sky high interests payments will we have to pay for how many years

1000017786.png

That if the football side of things stay as they are. Reckon Dyche has a good chance of progressing table and cup wise. And if we end up in extra competition because of this season we will become more viable.

Would you pay off your mortgage if there was a chance the bank was going to go bust and no one else could force you to pay them instead?
You're right in one sense, and I get that but he took out the loan and since he owns the club and operating losses stem back to him as does the failed 777 take over, that loan is on him. He could have put it in escrow or paid it off when 777 failed just to get this club sold, we have been waiting two years now!!!

I suspect his well has run dry though so he used 777 probably realising at some point they would never complete. As you say though that loan may be worthless or less than 200m very soon. So I get that. Either way he left us in a hole we cannot dig our way out of currently. Friedkin or whoever else is interested is probably waiting until the case is over and there's clarity on that loan and the club is available at a rock bottom price because Moshiri just wants it off his hands so you can deduct the 200m or a portion of it plus the 50m Moshiri wants and will never get and you are left with around 600-700m of debts to pay for a PL club with a new stadium. It's currently a mess killing the club though with these high interest payments and us stuck in limbo with a temporary board.

Last edited:

If Moshiri can blag his way to being a billionaire accountant, I reckon I could be a Premier League footballer.

Anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.