What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters

If they are buying a club to play second fiddle, asset strip, etc, etc etc, then they have done a real crap job in choosing us with the state we are in. They could have just paid less for somebody being ran well and making money. This narrative is just getting boring quite frankly, it’s based on pretty much nothing. If you look over the guy and the group as a whole there is far more positive than negative. The things this guy is involved in could be very beneficial to this club in the long run.

Yes they did.

They could scupper the deal if they are either not paid or don't agree to the Friedken group assuming the debt.
Did they?? I wasn’t aware of that, seemed to vanish quite quickly that deal
Again it’s only the doom merchants who will think about deals being scuppered before they even start

If they are buying a club to play second fiddle, asset strip, etc, etc etc, then they have done a real crap job in choosing us with the state we are in. They could have just paid less for somebody being ran well and making money. This narrative is just getting boring quite frankly, it’s based on pretty much nothing. If you look over the guy and the group as a whole there is far more positive than negative. The things this guy is involved in could be very beneficial to this club in the long run.
Yeah I don’t buy that at all. They can make plenty of dough out of the club by improving commercial performance and linking their other business activities to ours eg flogging us all Toyotas and whatnot 🤣

Did they?? I wasn’t aware of that, seemed to vanish quite quickly that deal
Again it’s only the doom merchants who will think about deals being scuppered before they even start

They did in May 2023, and the deal fell through in Sept 2023 once RMF effectively blocked it (they can't tell them not to sell the business, but they can call the loan in which in this instance was the same thing).

I haven't seen any real information as to how the debt will be repaid/restructured with this deal, that is likely being discussed now. I'm sure this group will get through it as the situation was different with MSP in acquiring a minority stake.

Have no real concerns about him at all and that’s the best we as fans can ask for at this stage. Once you assume that all billionaires are knobs to some level and they all have to exploit other’s labour to gain that wealth, then there’s really not much else wrong with him that you couldn’t throw at any other football club owner.

Roma seem decent and frankly at this point all I want is a stable Everton that can grow and be sustainable. Seems like the right and most sensible man for the job. I would say that between him and MSD the fact that he’s not a fan of the club might help with deciding against the types of sentimental decisions we’ve made too much in recent times. Again, seems a smart move for all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back