• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
They still are a junior creditor.

R&MF are (currently) still a senior creditor.

MSP and Blythe Capital are not longer senior creditors and have been repaid.

Although a new loan may have been taken out to Freidkin Group in paying the above. Which they intend to convert to equity when they get Premier League approval to take majority ownership
ACAP will be the last to get paid. Really hope RMF are paid off soon as well. Cut the crap from the club and get control back asap

Also someone with money. No offense to Bell and Downing who are probably sound as anything but the club also doesn’t need another ownership that is *almost* wealthy enough and survives by rotating credit.

From what I have heard. Their bid it seems, was to simply ensure that Everton Football Club had at least ONE option to prevent catastrophe and/or going into administration and/or liquidation

That seems to have been their main goal. They've bowed out gracefully and you'll have noted have not otherwise commented

Think of them acting like a "safety net" for the club. That seems to have been their intention, although they would have themselves benefited had it gone through, they've not it seems - obstructed - Freidkin

ACAP will be the last to get paid. Really hope RMF are paid off soon as well. Cut the crap from the club and get control back asap

I 1000000% agree, paying RMF back cuts our interest servicing costs dramatically. They Bank of England Base Rate +5.5% pa. interest loans agreed by Bill Kenwright et al have cost us lots of money

We need to get the costs minimised. ASAP. To benefit every single EFC stakeholder

Just ignoring that in the 2 seasons before TFG took over they had finished 6th and 5th and only a few years earlier been punished for FFP?

I'm not ignoring them. They were the same level of achievement as that overseen by TFG. Not good enough for Roma, which is why Pallotta's group were turned on and they sold up. The only thing that's stood in the way of that happening to TFG is Mourinho securing a third level Euro trophy last season.

It won't do to describe TFG's time at Roma a roaring success. That's a massive exaggeration about their short time there, and the portents don't look good for them either.

Of course it's not in the same universe. We know no one is going to come in and and throw hundreds of millions at players. The rules don't allow for that anyway. Our one shot at spending big, lead us to where we are today.

Accept the fact that things have changed and we are something to be bought, sold used and abused in an effort to try and make very rich people, even more rich! Maybe try to accept that in order for them to make a few quid for themselves, we need to be run reasonably well? Now given the previous, and a very fair wind, it might, might just mean we start knocking on the top 6 door in the next half decade or so. On the other hand, we might be sat here having the same discussions 5 years from now. We don't know. Whoever comes in will have the sceptics amongst us (me included) concerned about ethics, identity or whatever.

Sadly, what should be a simple game of footy has moved on mate. Gone are the days when a few inspired signings can transform a team into genuine title contenders. I hate to say this, and I absolutely speak for myself here but I/we (with a few obvious exceptions here) genuinely know hardly anything about the 'business model' except to say that because of the money involved, it is far more important now than when we signed Gray and Reid. We genuinely have no choice.
Yes, I accept all that. However, the final indignity is to have your club be enveloped by a conglomerate and fall into its shadow with your own identity obscured...which is what will happen to Everton.

There's some ridiculous notion that Everton won't succumb to that. But we will. Its already happening now with the reporting of this deal and where the balance of power and coverage lies in relation to Everton and the group it looks to have entangled itself with.

I see Evertonians like this: running toward the corporate abyss - hurtling themselves into the void; happy to avoid 'administration'...

lemmings.gif

How did we end up with a view like this of our club's worth?

I think we're worth more than that. I think we're worth more than The Friedkin Group.

The tail is wagging the dog here: we're going to fall under the shadow of a spiv enterprise that was founded 50 odd years ago and has nothing like the legacy or 'brand recognition' of Everton Football Club.

Last edited:

MSP paid. Which removes an impediment for Premier League approval. Probably a new loan from Friedkin that will be converted to equity upon PL approval

"Working capital" means that there is money in the club for use on it's operations, including Laing O'Rourke

Clearly means these Freidkin lot mean business in their acquisition and have or are capital rich. Do not appear to need to take out loans themselves to finance anything

I also think RMF and/or 777 will be paid off as suits them, and sooner than later.
Does this help for psr?

Does this help for psr?

Potentially. Insofar any interest costs are reduced. They were mainly an impediment to satisfy Premier League OSDT

Paying R&MF off definitely will do, in future years as it reduces interest costs if those costs do not relate to the stadium

It all depends upon how the R&MF were accounted for (which off the top of my head, I admit I don't know or can't remember)

PSR is all about PROFIT AND LOSS. Meaning if you increase revenue and/or profit whilst minimising losses/costs you do well within it and comply

Potentially. Insofar any interest costs are reduced. They were mainly an impediment to satisfy Premier League OSDT

Paying R&MF off definitely will do, in future years as it reduces interest costs if those costs do not relate to the stadium

It all depends upon how the R&MF were accounted for (which off the top of my head, I admit I don't know or can't remember)

PSR is all about PROFIT AND LOSS. Meaning if you increase revenue and/or profit whilst minimising losses/costs you do well within it and comply
Ta

I see Evertonians like this: running toward the corporate abyss - hurtling themselves into the void; happy to avoid 'administration'...

Hmmm ok - how about:
- 2021: Losing Carlo and replacing him with a clueless kopite relic who alienated about half the team
- 2022: The mother of all comebacks against the bang-average Palace to avoid a nervy last day
- 2023: Board does a runner and we're a Doucoure mis-hit away from relegation and likely extinction
- 2024: Surviving despite a -8 deduction and a 13-game winless run that could have killed us

We're lucky we're not opening next term with a trip to Crawley. Pipe down.

I'm not ignoring them. They were the same level of achievement as that overseen by TFG. Not good enough for Roma, which is why Pallotta's group were turned on and they sold up. The only thing that's stood in the way of that happening to TFG is Mourinho securing a third level Euro trophy last season.

It won't do to describe TFG's time at Roma a roaring success. That's a massive exaggeration about their short time there, and the portents don't look good for them either.

Yes, I accept all that. However, the final indignity is to have your club be enveloped by a conglomerate and fall into its shadow with your own identity obscured...which is what will happen to Everton.

There's some ridiculous notion that Everton won't succumb to that. But we will. Its already happening now with the reporting of this deal and where the balance of power and coverage lies in relation to Everton and the group it looks to have entangled itself with.

lemmings.gif

I think we're worth more than that. I think we're worth more than The Friedkin Group.

The tail is wagging the dog here: we're going to fall under the shadow of a spiv enterprise that was founded 50 odd years ago and has nothing like the legacy or 'brand recognition' of Everton Football Club.
So you are angry because they used to be competing for champions league, the previous owners dragged them down and falling foul of financial rules, and TFG have come in and steadied the ship with no fall in position, and increased their profits etc?

It may not be a roaring success in terms of getting back to challenging for league titles within what, 3 seasons, but it would be argued it’s a success.

So what does a suitable new owner look like?

A non-corporate, ethical, non-republican, multi-billionaire, with a clean human rights record, who has a historic legacy, and was founded at least 50 years ago, football savvy, but not an Evertonian, and has no other corporate interests which could taint or obscure our own rich identity.

Good luck dude.

Would be great to be run by competent business people. I've not seen Everton run well, ever, really. That's a huge thing for me, because of the massive upsides that go with it. It's ridiculous to reflect on how we've been mismanaged for decades.

It's a long, long time since EFC were well run. Probably it started to go wrong in the early 70's when John Moores started to lose interest. I think we had a great team for a few seasons in the 80's despite the way we were run, not because of it. Everton's pathetic response to the ban after the Heysel Riot tells you all you need to know.

Now there’s something I didn’t know…Friedkin is already well connected and sitting on the board of the European Club Association……

“The new 12-person ECA Executive Committee is composed of the ECA Chairman and five Vice Chairs plus six members that were appointed today by the Board. The Executive Committee will allow for a more modern, streamlined and agile decision-making process, meeting on a regular basis and reporting to the full Board. The Executive Committee approved today for the 2023-27 membership cycle is composed of:
Nasser Al-Khelaifi (Chairman) - Paris Saint-Germain
Jan-Christian Dreesen (Vice Chair) - FC Bayern München
Peter Lawwell (Vice Chair) - Celtic FC
Dariusz Mioduski (Vice Chair) - Legia Warszawa
Aki Riihilahti (Vice Chair) - HJK Helsinki
Martina Pavlová (Vice Chair) - AC Sparta Praha
Míguel Ángel Gil Marin - Club Atlético de Madrid
Dan Friedkin - AS Roma
Vinai Venkatesham - Arsenal FC
Dennis Te Kloese - Feyenoord
Ali Y. Koç - Fenerbahçe SK
Niclas Carlnén - Malmö FF “

Where and when is that from, fella? Thanks for posting.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back