• 👍

Votes: 518 70.6%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 204 27.8%
  • 👎

Votes: 12 1.6%

• Total voters
I didn't introduce the term into the conversation. 🤷‍♂️
I know that, but when @Bedfordblue asked “How many multi club outfits have an EPL team as 2nd fiddle though?”, you replied with “John Textor's Group has Palace defo behind Lyon and probably Botafogo in the pecking order”.

So I’ll rephrase my question. What makes you say that Palace are “defo behind Lyon and probably Botafogo in the pecking order”?

How are you defining “behind in the pecking order” and what makes you think this is the case?

I know that, but when @Bedfordblue asked “How many multi club outfits have an EPL team as 2nd fiddle though?”, you replied with “John Textor's Group has Palace defo behind Lyon and probably Botafogo in the pecking order”.

So I’ll rephrase my question. What makes you say that Palace are “defo behind Lyon and probably Botafogo in the pecking order”?

How are you defining “behind in the pecking order” and what makes you think this is the case?
That's beyond question isn't it?

The success of the other two makes them senior to Palace. All Palace have going for them is a PL place.

That's beyond question isn't it?

The success of the other two makes them senior to Palace. All Palace have going for them is a PL place.
Not really beyond question mate no. So you’re basing “behind in the pecking order” solely on the clubs level of “success” then?

If that’s the case then Lyon have been more successful domestically yeah, but Ligue 1 could only be placed at best as what, 5th best league in Europe? As for Botafogo, their success in their respective league has been at best middling. Would Rangers’ vastly greater success compared to Everton make them our senior?

If you meant Palace are behind the other clubs in regards to global awareness amongst football fans, I’d be amazed if that was the case due to the sheer presence and popularity of the PL worldwide. Majority of football fans outside of Latin America probably couldn’t even tell you what country Botafogo were from.

And the Textor Group themselves are not prioritising Lyon and Botafogo over Palace are they? I was under the impression that Textor has been desperately trying to acquire a larger stake in Palace for a long while for starters, so he could have more control and put even more money into them?

If these Americans have the dough they say they have the we want them to hire world class lawyers to sue to PL over our PSR points deduction.

And if not world class lawyers, then we want to write a strongly-worded letter to the PL.

Everton aren’t we?!

Not really beyond question mate no. So you’re basing “behind in the pecking order” solely on the clubs level of “success” then?

If that’s the case then Lyon have been more successful domestically yeah, but Ligue 1 could only be placed at best as what, 5th best league in Europe? As for Botafogo, their success in their respective league has been at best middling. Would Rangers’ vastly greater success compared to Everton make them our senior?

If you meant Palace are behind the other clubs in regards to global awareness amongst football fans, I’d be amazed if that was the case due to the sheer presence and popularity of the PL worldwide. Majority of football fans outside of Latin America probably couldn’t even tell you what country Botafogo were from.

And the Textor Group themselves are not prioritising Lyon and Botafogo over Palace are they? I was under the impression that Textor has been desperately trying to acquire a larger stake in Palace for a long while for starters, so he could have more control and put even more money into them?
Well Textor is getting out of Palace. So that'll show you the hierarchy of football interests he believes he has.

There's no comparison between the gap between the French League and the Scottish league in comparison with the EPL. Ligue 1 is one of the big 5 Euro leagues. Botafogo are a top Brazilian team.

Well Textor is getting out of Palace. So that'll show you the hierarchy of football interests he believes he has.

There's no comparison between the gap between the French League and the Scottish league in comparison with the EPL. Ligue 1 is one of the big 5 Euro leagues. Botafogo are a top Brazilian team.
It shows nothing of the sort. Textor is getting out of Palace as he wants more control, no other reason. If he had the opportunity he’d jump at the chance of getting full control of a PL team to sit at the top of his multi-club model.

So you’re agreeing that “success” isn’t a very good determining factor in whereabouts in a multi-club model a club should / does sit then? It all depends on the quality of the league?

Botafogo aren’t even in the top 10 of most successful Brazilian teams, and were playing in the second division barely 3 years ago.

Other than that, great post.

Hoping they do a total revamp of the club, out with the old and the best possible people brought in. No more of this sentimental social club act , them lot having earned a living out of Everton whilst the club have regressed. No more please.

It’s supposed to be a competitive football club, not a place where they get their mates on social media to have a dig at anyone who wants the club not being the circus it’s been. Enough!

It shows nothing of the sort. Textor is getting out of Palace as he wants more control, no other reason. If he had the opportunity he’d jump at the chance of getting full control of a PL team to sit at the top of his multi-club model.

So you’re agreeing that “success” isn’t a very good determining factor in whereabouts in a multi-club model a club should / does sit then? It all depends on the quality of the league?

Botafogo aren’t even in the top 10 of most successful Brazilian teams, and were playing in the second division barely 3 years ago.

Other than that, great post.
Let''s put it this way: I don't think anyone in football would say that Palace are of equal standing in football to Lyon.

And the PL equation to your argument makes no sense to me.

Are we saying that any club in the PL has a status that would put them at the head of a stable clubs just because they play a few seasons in that league and enjoy a few years revenue from it? Does that mean the likes of Burnley and Watford would be prized assets for some butterfly collecting egomaniac businessman? I highly doubt it.

Anyway: brass tacks - Roma are not anytime soon going to be seen as a club that will be eclipsed by us in the minds of TFG.

Anyway: brass tacks - Roma are not anytime soon going to be seen as a club that will be eclipsed by us in the minds of TFG.
As business people, which is what they are, as soon as Evertons revenue eclipses Romas, thats when they MIGHT start paying more attention to us and also MIGHT consider us as their jewel.

Personally, I think they will be run as separate businesses and both given the tools needed to succeed.

Its stupid to treat 1 business more favourably than the other, who even does that?

As business people, which is what they are, as soon as Evertons revenue eclipses Romas, thats when they MIGHT start paying more attention to us and also MIGHT consider us as their jewel.

Personally, I think they will be run as separate businesses and both given the tools needed to succeed.

Its stupid to treat 1 business more favourably than the other, who even does that?
That'll all well and good, but there's a certain UEFA rule that has to be adhered to.