What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
It's the purchase of a half-billion-dollar business in one of the richest sports leagues in the world, not a second hand tv off craigslist. Friedkin will have his people going through every inch of this club with a fine toothcomb, turning over every stone. Could be weeks or even months if so required. Then there's all the Premier Leagues owners tests to deal with, which could also be any amount of time - assuming of course, he wants to proceed with the purchase of a business that is currently a financial mess.

He's obviously a serious guy, and conducts his business in private, not like 777 who had a public running commentary. It's a lengthy process, they're professional people, and I'm sure they'll update the world only when there is something concrete to report. Signs are positive so far though.

I wouldn't expect their due diligence to take any longer than 3 months maximum. They can be getting Premier League permission in parallel and that will have already started

You are absolutely right about the stark difference in media approach. 777 Partners had literally journalists (including one "A.M.") literally briefing for them, virtually daily. It was forced and it was because 777 Partners were on a timeline because they intended to leverage us/the stadium to save their own "business". When that started to face opposition they tried to silence those concerns. Totally inappropriately.

This is a totally different situation. Friedkin Group are business people insofar they run businesses on an ongoing sustainable basis with their own money on the line.

There isn't a media running commentary but I'm led to believe they are talking to people. Surrounding the club

Gently gently, catch a monkey

I wouldn't expect their due diligence to take any longer than 3 months maximum. They can be getting Premier League permission in parallel and that will have already started

You are absolutely right about the stark difference in media approach. 777 Partners had literally journalists (including one "A.M.") literally briefing for them, virtually daily. It was forced and it was because 777 Partners were on a timeline because they intended to leverage us/the stadium to save their own "business". When that started to face opposition they tried to silence those concerns. Totally inappropriately.

This is a totally different situation. Friedkin Group are business people insofar they run businesses on an ongoing sustainable basis with their own money on the line.

There isn't a media running commentary but I'm led to believe they are talking to people. Surrounding the club

Gently gently, catch a monkey
Yeah I was thinking around 10-12 week window for a full asset review, but timeframes can be pretty fluid for these things when they need to be. When there's news, there will be news. Until then, people should take comfort in their not being a bunch of amateurs conducting business via twitter or press releases.

Yeah I was thinking around 10-12 week window for a full asset review, but timeframes can be pretty fluid for these things when they need to be. When there's news, there will be news. Until then, people should take comfort in their not being a bunch of amateurs conducting business via twitter or press releases.

Certainly I'm more comfortable about it all from my own research and/or because we're not being force fed things by certain "journalists" either or being told what to think by people linked to them. Directly or indirectly.

That was definitely going on over 777 Partners

i know that like 777 we would if /msp

these will own us!
1000016786.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back