• 👍

Votes: 582 67.8%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 28.0%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
I don’t disagree with you.
But I think if they wanted to own Everton enough they would have found a way to overcome their concerns.
They didn’t want us enough .
So good riddance .
I would prefer someone who is determined enough to take on any risk associated in the purchase.
Because in order to make a football club successful you have to be prepared to gamble at some point, it can’t be viewed in purely business terms.
If they weren’t willing to take on and manage risk at the outset they may not have been willing to do it at any point in their ownership.
For this reason alone I am not shedding any tears for this failed transaction.

The level of money involved heightens the risk.

Unless it's Saudi Oil money where they don't care... everyone else will look at it from the same pov

It's Moshiri's fault for going to bed with a bunch of sharks for 9 months.

It's bad but not in the way people say. As usual the idiots around the mythical fire sale back out again (what happened to the January fire sale, or the May fire sale, or the June fire sale, or the July fire sale etc).

Short term TFG have heavily capitalised the club, paid off imminently due debt which could have triggered admin (and was frankly the central risk factor of that). They have paid off the stadium so no more money required for that. At a much lower interest rate than previous and money not due back in the short term. Everton have Sky money coming in August, and Onana cash dropping, as well as money for Gordon. Not only will this be cash-cash, but it will be booked as high profit on the accounts.

The issue is more longer term, in that we will require a new buyer, as Moshiri has checked out. The club is still paying high rates on it's debt, which is a big part of why we lose money and at some point pinch points re-emerge.

There's also the issue that the club lacks leadership.
I think more than anything the fanbase is absolutely desperate for some form of stability, I think the TFG would have given us such,even if you're not a fan of the multi club model it would have been a steady hand on the wheel.

It's hard for the club to keep asking the fans for patience when its a continuous cycle of strife.

Hopefully they return to the table and a deal can be hammered out IE the Roma one or another consortium can circumvent the 777/Acap issue and step up.

I've said all along, Moshiri is quite possibly a dead man if he doesn't recover enough of Uncle Usy's money in a sale. But no one in their right mind will actually pay that much money for the club. Tough spot.

fingers-crossed-fry.gif

I think more than anything the fanbase is absolutely desperate for some form of stability, I think the TFG would have given us such,even if you're not a fan of the multi club model it would have been a steady hand on the wheel.

It's hard for the club to keep asking the fans for patience when its a continuous cycle of strife.

Hopefully they return to the table and a deal can be hammered out IE the Roma one or another consortium can circumvent the 777/Acap issue and step up.

What really annoys me more then anything about yesterday is we were beginning to look like a proper football club again and recovering some of our reputation, now we’re back to more mad cap, roller coaster, boom and bust headline's, all this has a reputational and perceptional cost.

Really disappointing - just because I want us out of this 'magic finance' loop - the vicious circle Uzzy/Moshiri put us in.

Fascinated by our current situation now - we have a brand new lender in TFG - what are the terms there ? Better / worse than MSP etc. ?

Assume that the stadium costs will slow down at some point and we stop 'having to' borrow because Moshiri won't lend.

Does this change the transfer window and the glimmer of hope in Dyches interview that we may be in less of a financial hole ?

What really annoys me more then anything about yesterday is we were beginning to look like a proper football club again and recovering some of our reputation, now we’re back to more mad cap, roller coaster, boom and bust headline's, all this has a reputational and perceptional cost.
Couldn't agree more...it just all feels within touching distance only for someone too come and snatch it away at the death.

I am optimistic that Vici will re enter the fray .
For me they were always the far preferable group.
If the outcome of TFG’s withdrawal is that Vici become our owners I think that will be good news.

No offence - but AFAIK they have no past record in football - what makes you think they would be any better than 777 ?

The comfort I had in TFG was that they appeared to have and executed a football plan that wasn't just hot sales air.

Really disappointing - just because I want us out of this 'magic finance' loop - the vicious circle Uzzy/Moshiri put us in.

Fascinated by our current situation now - we have a brand new lender in TFG - what are the terms there ? Better / worse than MSP etc. ?

Assume that the stadium costs will slow down at some point and we stop 'having to' borrow because Moshiri won't lend.

Does this change the transfer window and the glimmer of hope in Dyches interview that we may be in less of a financial hole ?
The loan is for more then MSP, just North of 200 mill, but the interest rate is better then the whopping 10.25% R&M and 777 charge, the loan term is for a year.

Doubt it changes recruitment, we would have been given the parameters if a budget and it’s unlikely the Froedkins would have had their feet under the table, we have a year to manage, the financial year if that makes sense. If there are concerns it will be outs to watch.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back