What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
It doesn’t require “liability” for a crime. Civil and equitable remedies exist.

It may help to put yourself in “Joe’s” shoes.

If Sam lies to you to gain access to your money and then loans that money to Everton, should you not have some right to get it back from Everton?

Now, if Everton owes Sam loan repayments for that same money, should you have rights to the loan repayment?

Note: I’m speaking purely hypothetically. I don’t even know if these things happened or scared TFG. I’ve only said that it’s legally possible. The fraud case makes it at least a possibility.

The club or new owners should be able to pay back the sum to a court and free itself from this matter.

The dispute can go through the courts without holding the club hostage, and Joe and Sam can then duke it out without Everton stuck in the middle.

The club or new owners should be able to pay back the sum to a court and free itself from this matter.

The dispute can go through the courts without holding the club hostage, and Joe and Sam can then duke it out without Everton stuck in the middle.
Pay back what sum?

Everybody just assumes we pay back the 200m and move on, but there will be charges applied for early repayment and other things.

If it was just as easy as paying it back I don't see why DFG didn't do it.

It suggests to me that it's not THAT easy.

You know what happened to the last ship they called unsinkable, right?

But we just need to limp till next August and hope we get a very competent and rich person willing to melt the iceberg.
We wont have to wait that long.

The Friedkin lot might be parking their bid rather than ending it. But if not them then there'll be others renewing their interest and still others yet to register their interest but monitoring the situation.

We are a blue chip English top flight club, the last of the great north west clubs not bought out by mammon and we're heading into a state of the art stadium that'll be one of the top 3 stadiums in the land and one of the best in the whole of Europe.

There's been a lot of interest already, prepare for another level of interest now...that's if this Friedkin lot haven't already got us and are waiting on that court verdict.

We wont have to wait that long.

The Friedkin lot might be parking their bid rather than ending it. But if not them then there'll be others renewing their interest and still others yet to register their interest but monitoring the situation.

We are a blue chip English top flight club, the last of the great north west clubs not bought out by mammon and we're heading into a state of the art stadium that'll be one of the top 3 stadiums in the land and one of the best in the whole of Europe.

There's been a lot of interest already, prepare for another level of interest now...that's if this Friedkin lot haven't already got us and are waiting on that court verdict.
I await with baited breath about how you will rashly judge the next people that rock up.

Pay back what sum?

Everybody just assumes we pay back the 200m and move on, but there will be charges applied for early repayment and other things.

If it was just as easy as paying it back I don't see why DFG didn't do it.

It suggests to me that it's not THAT easy.

Or maybe they think morshiri should be paying that back instead of them.

Also the sum should be documented and known even with any early payment clause so not sure what you mean by what sum.

Have you bought or paid anything without knowing how much ?

I await with baited breath about how you will rashly judge the next people that rock up.
If they deserve it they'll get slagged off mate.

Too many here gave the Toyota spivs a blank cheque...especially in the wake of the Moshiri disaster.

So yeah, I reserve my right to be cautious and critical if need be.

Or maybe they think morshiri should be paying that back instead of them.

Also the sum should be documented and known even with any early payment clause so not sure what you mean by what sum.

Have you bought or paid anything without knowing how much ?
I meant WE have no idea how much.

But why would DFG pay somebody 200m+ when there's a chance that after the court case the administrators expect 1p in the pound.

PAISLEY-RETIRE.webp

I meant WE have no idea how much.

But why would DFG pay somebody 200m+ when there's a chance that after the court case the administrators expect 1p in the pound.

What’s has it said that any administration want 1p to any pound ?

They should be trying to get as much back as possible

Here is what I don't get.

The 777 loan. TFG will have known going into the deal about this liability and will know it's accruing high interest.

Why go into the deal if that is ultimately what caused them to pull out?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back