What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
Who was the realistic alternative to 777 at that time ? I don't recall there being any credible opposition bidder than MSP who only wanted a minority stake and who were subsequently blocked by RMF.

If you're desperate to sell your property, and there is only one bidder offering the asking price (but they looks a bit dodgy) you're still going to accept their offer.

And no my friend, I dont believe the majority of our fans deserve the current situation. I am stating that the grifter minority of our fans online who have gone above and beyond abusing the man over a sustained period of time have done little to help the cause of Moshiri pumping any further money into the club.

Moshiri may be a billionaire, but he'll still be aware of what is said about him, be it in the press and online. I am sure his daughter etc. who has social media will be aware of it and so on. Remember DCL's arl fella making a remark about comments about him a few years ago.

Loads came out of the woodwork when they were given a chance!!

Don't you think he has pumped in enough money already ?

Fans were not complaining when he was paying off manager after manager, they endorsed it and were calling for sackings.

Fans were not complaining when he was giving the DOF's big pots of money to spend on players.

Fans were not complaining when he paid a premium to guarantee us a fantastic setting for a new stadium and commence the building of it.

I have been consistent in my view, that many of our fans have acted in an ungrateful manner towards the owner for some time now.

Whilst things have certainly not gone right on the pitch, it has largely been geopolitical issues with Russia/Ukraine that has really screwed the club over and led us down the road to seeking funds off 777, once the MSP deal failed.

I personally beleive Moshiri would have put more money in had the minority of fans not abused him to the length some have online. Those fans should be taking a portion of the blame in all of this.
Not a fan or a big hater of Moshiri but he done more work on Goodison park than Bill did in 20 years, stopped it looking like a tin can.

Moshiri is clearly clueless and has no one around of him with any football knowledge. It just shows how Kroenke clearly had the most influence at Arsenal.

Not a fan or a big hater of Moshiri but he done more work on Goodison park than Bill did in 20 years, stopped it looking like a tin can.

Moshiri is clearly clueless and has no one around of him with any football knowledge. It just shows how Kroenke clearly had the most influence at Arsenal.

Oh sound, is this going to help us pay off some of the £400m debt that’s currently crushing the club and stopping a takeover?

Spent a million pound tarting the gaff up while piling £400m of debt onto the books

What a guy

Don't you think he has pumped in enough money already ?

Fans were not complaining when he was paying off manager after manager, they endorsed it and were calling for sackings.

Fans were not complaining when he was giving the DOF's big pots of money to spend on players.

Fans were not complaining when he paid a premium to guarantee us a fantastic setting for a new stadium and commence the building of it.

I have been consistent in my view, that many of our fans have acted in an ungrateful manner towards the owner for some time now.

Whilst things have certainly not gone right on the pitch, it has largely been geopolitical issues with Russia/Ukraine that has really screwed the club over and led us down the road to seeking funds off 777, once the MSP deal failed.

I personally beleive Moshiri would have put more money in had the minority of fans not abused him to the length some have online. Those fans should be taking a portion of the blame in all of this.

Yes I heard Moshiri went online and cried himself to sleep at the abuse he got.

Loads came out of the woodwork when they were given a chance!!

How many of these groups were around last time though ? When 777 were entering talks, we were subject to punishments over PSR in which there was a lot more uncertainty regarding our PL status & the severity of the punishment we were going to receive.

If Manoukian or Vici or Friedkin were interested 12 months ago, why were none of their interest made public like they were recently ?

Same as me mate. We have all criticised the mans running of EFC however the sensible fans can acknowledge the positives that he has done and the good intentions that he had in trying to have us competing, something BK never provided.

I am personally shocked at the brass neck of those who abuse the man at every opportunity, demand he sells up yet expects him to pump more money into the club.

Oh sound, is this going to help us pay off some of the £400m debt that’s currently crushing the club and stopping a takeover?
Whilst the Moshiri era has been a disaster all our problems can be traced back to the day William Kenwright took control of the club...MSP would have been through the door if wasn't for him and his shady dealings with R&M and we'd have had no need to jump into bed with 777.

At Arsenal that was down to some old share holder selling her shares to kroenke and not Usmanov and moshiri, so they had no say, which was a bonus to arsenal, but could have gone the other way

I don’t believe this is that bad. Friedkin identified a risk due to the 777 loan, but it’s a risk that can be insured against, it’s just a case of who pays for the insurance and how long it takes to put in place. He knew all this before making a bid, it’s not something he ‘discovered’. I still believe it’s just a negotiation tactic, but one that has already allowed him to take a stake in the club…..
Well that's exactly what we would do if , for instance, we were buying a house and found a defect in title and without any knowledge in this particular area of commercial law im pretty sure that it would be possible to take out a policy to protect you from any future liabilities in respect of the 777 transaction.

How readily available and at what cost that insurance would be Pete I have no idea.

I also read that Freidkins were worried about reputational damage of being in any way associated with the toxicity of 777

Utterly shameless serpents still trying to defend Moshiri. Imagine if you’d stooped that low into the gutter.

I think that’s a bit harsh, yes he has made a total mess of it and it will personally cost him millions. But that beautiful new stadium on the banks of the Mersey would not have appeared without him. It won’t be long until we have new owners and we may look at things slightly differently in the near future….

Whilst the Moshiri era has been a disaster all our problems can be traced back to the day William Kenwright took control of the club...MSP would have been through the door if wasn't for him and his shady dealings with R&M and we'd have had no need to jump into bed with 777.

Kenwright should’ve been nowhere near the football club and therefore unable to land the RMF loan on us, which again comes back around to Moshiri.

I think that’s a bit harsh, yes he has made a total mess of it and it will personally cost him millions. But that beautiful new stadium on the banks of the Mersey would not have appeared without him. It won’t be long until we have new owners and we may look at things slightly differently in the near future….

All ifs buts and maybes again. I’m simply dealing with the facts that we’re staring the abyss in the face thanks to this owner. You say it won’t be long before we have new owners, how have you come to this conclusion? This 777 legal case could take years. What happens in the meantime to the club?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back