What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
It represents the potential for big improvement on our current state and that will do for me. They have cash resources that will result in much better debt management and that's a plus from the off. I'd rather Friedkin than Bell/Downing having to scrimp and save, despite good intentions.

I expect either Roma or us to be sold within 3-4 years, and I'd back them keeping us if that's the case.

As I said previously here, I'm not keen on the multi-club model but it seems to be the direction in which things are going. Outside of football, these groups have interests in multiple sectors.

If some hold out for the perfect takeover, with barrels of cash bring spent on us and only us, and nothing being taken out, then it's just a recipe for more disillusionment and disappointment, and that model isn't possible anyway.

We should not let perfection become the enemy of good.

Haha, but in all seriousness, my understanding is that the debt is being paid off, and that's what sets this bid apart from all the other bids that were only looking to restructure the debt.
We don't really know what he's doing with the debt yet.

The reason this bid "won" is probably down to how much money they are paying Mosh.

giphy%20(1).gif

You OK @Goat?

Why's he spunking £800 million if we are to be an afterthought ? Sensible answers would be appreciated.
As others have said what he spends is down to how he deals with the debts of the club. I'd like to think he'd do what's in our best interests,but then doubt he got where he is by being considerate.

Is he restructuring the debt, or is he paying it off?

We don't know. But that's it isn't it? We just don't know.

What we do know though is that this multi-club model is dodgy and it's highly UNSUCCESSFUL for all but a tiny minority of clubs within them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back