Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
whoever thinks these will come back to buy us your more deluded than me

why they’ve lashed 200 mill and legged us is bizarre

if they have money to waste why not clear 777?

Matty.

1) no one is more deluded than you 😆

2) they have taken a £200M investment in the club and now have certain rights.

3) the 777 loan issue is a negotiation tactic to reduce demands from Moshiri.

I would be very surprised if they do not become our next owners…..

But he doesn't want the club to be seen as in crisis, which serves Moshiri's purposes.

Basically, Myers knows f.a. and he's tweeting to make people feel a bit better about the prospects of a sale.
Myers is clueless but he's not a part of sone elaborate conspiracy involving moshiri to shape a narrative its not the da Vinci code dave , meyers just wants validation from the fans so any scraps of info that he gets , he feels he needs to trumpet it 😂 maybe take up bird watching or some other hobby for a bit as your everton takes are getting pretty intense..

Matty.

ha ha! but why not just pay it tho if they have it?

moshiri knows he has others who will offer what the greedy ass wants

ha ha! but why not just pay it tho if they have it?

moshiri knows he has others who will offer what the greedy ass wants

Why pay the full price if you can get Moshiri to contribute. There’s probably no doubt they have the money but why not try to save £50-£100M…..Friedkin having now used the opportunity to partially buy in is in a great position now…..

Assuming venue was in the USA and dependent on the jurisdiction, the Lender sues to obtain a judgment and enforce any security interest they were given.

A default on one loan can trigger default terms in other loans. This can cause a chain of defaults from various Lenders.

Most businesses here would consider a bankruptcy to restructure the debt.

When I said "capital was available" i probably should have added, the club are eager to pay off the loan.

Meaning, the loan term is expiring & Everton want to make the transfer.

Surely there would be a definitive way to pay the 777 loan if it was expiring, rather than the current limbo we find ourselves in?

When I said "capital was available" i probably should have added, the club are eager to pay off the loan.

Meaning, the loan term is expiring & Everton want to make the transfer.

Surely there would be a definitive way to pay the 777 loan if it was expiring, rather than the current limbo we find ourselves in?
I posted earlier about an Interpleader action. Everton could deposit the funds with the Court and dip out of the litigation, letting everybody staking a claim to fight it out.

Why would someone willingly give up 200 million if they didn’t need to? I feel like that’s something we can all get behind regardless of our financial situation

Are you talking about Moshiri or the new owners here? From the new owners perspective I totally get it. If that £200m is stopping the club from being sold then that’s squarely on Moshiri.

I posted earlier about an Interpleader action. Everton could deposit the funds with the Court and dip out of the litigation, letting everybody staking a claim to fight it out.

Yes, thats what I thought as well. Though a few posters seemed to think that wasnt an option.

The fact as i see it is if TFG wanted to pay off the loan, they could have done so. Theyve chosen to walk away based on not wanting to provide any more short term capital.

Timewasters.

I guess the issue is the full amount being deposited in escrow and it subsequently turns out the final liability is lower, to a significant degree. You can see with blue tinted glasses removed why that is a non starter. The court injunction puts a bar on agreeing a settlement.

The amount is due in two years I think?
I assume then if the litigation is ongoing it will just roll over until the proceedings finish.

Given all of these circumstances, isn't there room between Moshiri and a buyer to put funds aside, which would earn market interest, outside of escrow, and let that sit until a definitive claim is made and let the lawyers work on a mechanism to endure the club is protected? There seems to be suggestions that Moshiri would not take indemnity insurance.

Myers is clueless but he's not a part of sone elaborate conspiracy involving moshiri to shape a narrative its not the da Vinci code dave , meyers just wants validation from the fans so any scraps of info that he gets , he feels he needs to trumpet it 😂 maybe take up bird watching or some other hobby for a bit as your everton takes are getting pretty intense..
His status depends on doing Everton's bidding for them and getting scraps of info out there. He used to work for the club in an official capacity then in unofficial capacity at Sky Sports putting misinformation out there for them about players wanting moves etc.

I guess the issue is the full amount being deposited in escrow and it subsequently turns out the final liability is lower, to a significant degree. You can see with blue tinted glasses removed why that is a non starter. The court injunction puts a bar on agreeing a settlement.

The amount is due in two years I think?
I assume then if the litigation is ongoing it will just roll over until the proceedings finish.

Given all of these circumstances, isn't there room between Moshiri and a buyer to put funds aside, which would earn market interest, outside of escrow, and let that sit until a definitive claim is made and let the lawyers work on a mechanism to endure the club is protected? There seems to be suggestions that Moshiri would not take indemnity insurance.

Moshiri doesn't want to do anything apart from let others float the club and sell at the price he's not budging on while tanning on his yacht

Matty.

The £200m was a condition of the exclusivity agreement and has become a loan so they don’t have any more rights than any of the many others who we owe money to.

I do agree with you though that they will be back.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back