• 👍

Votes: 576 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 236 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters

Friedkin have control of the stadium ? Can’t see that
The security for their loan is the Stadium Development Company and ALL of Moshiri's shareholding.

If we fail to repay the loan when it comes due then they can basically take over the club. Whether it would come to that or even if they would want to exercise that option remains to be seen.

The security for their loan is the Stadium Development Company and ALL of Moshiri's shareholding.

If we fail to repay the loan when it comes due then they can basically take over the club. Whether it would come to that or even if they would want to exercise that option remains to be seen.
So if Everton failed to pay back the loan the default would be they own the club ? Moshiri would walk away with nothing ?
I did read somewhere that they where looking on borrowing off someone else to pay the loan back

So if Everton failed to pay back the loan the default would be they own the club ? Moshiri would walk away with nothing ?
I did read somewhere that they where looking on borrowing off someone else to pay the loan back
It seems to me that whilst it’s been reported it is secured against Moshiri's shares and the stadium, if the litigation remains ongoing by the time the loan is due, it would be highly unlikely they would take up the option of taking over, afterall they didn’t want to do that now because of that same litigation.

If the litigation settles earlier, then they may well take up their interest again in which case, if they purchase us presumably the loan becomes equity.

It seems to me that whilst it’s been reported it is secured against Moshiri's shares and the stadium, if the litigation remains ongoing by the time the loan is due, it would be highly unlikely they would take up the option of taking over, afterall they didn’t want to do that now because of that same litigation.

If the litigation settles earlier, then they may well take up their interest again in which case, if they purchase us presumably the loan becomes equity.

Weren't MSP in the same position a couple of months back ? And as I remember were not interested to take the club/ stadium over.

Moshiri has made such a mess of our finances that we can't get a buyer to complete it's honestly so depressing. From the man who claimed money would never be an issue. Utter fraud.
It just shows how having money can make a man arrogant and however good he is (if he is good at what he does)….it doesn’t make you good at everything. Look at Jim Ratcliffe, multi billionaire, thinks he can change the Utds fortunes and bring his success to football, but has started by making himself look like a [Poor language removed].

It just shows how having money can make a man arrogant and however good he is (if he is good at what he does)….it doesn’t make you good at everything. Look at Jim Ratcliffe, multi billionaire, thinks he can change the Utds fortunes and bring his success to football, but has started by making himself look like a [Poor language removed].
Yeah he seems a right knob doesn’t he?
I feel bad for the player personally but i thought it was hilarious that cb they spent loads more than they offered for Branthwaite on got injured straight away

I think Moshiri will retain a minority stake, maybe 20%, for a number of years after the sale of his holding.

He gets to keep a slice of an appreciating asset without a new owner having to pay over the odds for a complete buyout.

That's the compromise that I see unfolding to allow a deal to happen, but who knows when.

I have an inkling that the Friedkin group will eventually take ownership of the club once Moshiri accepts he's not getting a big chunk of cash.
I'm not 100% convinced Moshiri actually wants out tbh.

From the outset he only wanted "investment"
When that wasn't forthcoming he switched to " for sale "

To me he has found a way to muddle through this time period getting the stadium paid for.
Now it might just be me but him being a madman with a huge amount of money behind him , think if he really wanted to sell up completely he would have found a way to do so.
It's no coincidence there have been multiple bidders wanting to buy the club & 4 failed exclusivity periods speak for itself.

I'm not 100% convinced Moshiri actually wants out tbh.

From the outset he only wanted "investment"
When that wasn't forthcoming he switched to " for sale "

To me he has found a way to muddle through this time period getting the stadium paid for.
Now it might just be me but him being a madman with a huge amount of money behind him , think if he really wanted to sell up completely he would have found a way to do so.
It's no coincidence there have been multiple bidders wanting to buy the club & 4 failed exclusivity periods speak for itself.
You're possibly correct, however if the club defaults and/or ends up being relegated (due to the lack of investment) he will ultimately lose more.

I do think it was investment which he desired, yet the situation has morphed into one where he may need to sell, however he is holding out for cash at the end of it.

For what it's worth, I know that MSP were incredibly interested yet Moshiri wouldn't negotiate on a fair price for all. I have an inkling this is the same.

You're possibly correct, however if the club defaults and/or ends up being relegated (due to the lack of investment) he will ultimately lose more.

I do think it was investment which he desired, yet the situation has morphed into one where he may need to sell, however he is holding out for cash at the end of it.

For what it's worth, I know that MSP were incredibly interested yet Moshiri wouldn't negotiate on a fair price for all. I have an inkling this is the same.
There's definitely a pattern to his actions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back