What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 581 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 238 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.1%

• Total voters
I'm not 100% convinced Moshiri actually wants out tbh.

From the outset he only wanted "investment"
When that wasn't forthcoming he switched to " for sale "

To me he has found a way to muddle through this time period getting the stadium paid for.
Now it might just be me but him being a madman with a huge amount of money behind him , think if he really wanted to sell up completely he would have found a way to do so.
It's no coincidence there have been multiple bidders wanting to buy the club & 4 failed exclusivity periods speak for itself.
This would seem plausible, until you get into how he's treated the club the past couple years. He's been absentee, and seems to be just focused on not paying out any more cash. If he were truly still staying as owner he would be sanctioning purchases this window, seeing as PSR is no longer a concern.

We are +30m on transfers right now, so if he was planning to stay long term he would have sanctioned a couple more players in that we desperately need. Instead it appears he wants out and is just doing the minimum so the club functions. I think he only cares to stay long enough to see the stadium done and so get max value for the club.

This would seem plausible, until you get into how he's treated the club the past couple years. He's been absentee, and seems to be just focused on not paying out any more cash. If he were truly still staying as owner he would be sanctioning purchases this window, seeing as PSR is no longer a concern.

We are +30m on transfers right now, so if he was planning to stay long term he would have sanctioned a couple more players in that we desperately need. Instead it appears he wants out and is just doing the minimum so the club functions. I think he only cares to stay long enough to see the stadium done and so get max value for the club.
I mean the window hasnt closed yet mate.

I don't know the exact PSR position, maybe he can't put anymore in as to fall foul of the rules again.
Maybe it is only til the stadium is up & running.

But then that is over a year away and many things can happen in that time.

As I said It might just be me but there's leanings to him not wanting to completely sell up.
Maybe he only wants a sale if he can retain something in the club.
He's a madman & unless we were close to his inner circle we'll never know his intentions.
And that's frightening.

I don't know the exact PSR position, maybe he can't put anymore in as to fall foul of the rules again.
Maybe it is only til the stadium is up & running.

But then that is over a year away and many things can happen in that time.

As I said It might just be me but there's leanings to him not wanting to completely sell up.
Maybe he only wants a sale if he can retain something in the club.
He's a madman & unless we were close to his inner circle we'll never know his intentions.
And that's frightening.
Personally, i think if he didn't want out then he would have appointed a new CEO/ Executive team by now. As it is we are rudderless and his failure to recruit anyone to drive the business forward smacks of someone who has had enough and wants out.

I mean the window hasnt closed yet mate.
Oh I get that, but for some time it has been doing the minimum and indications are still that.

If Moshiri was going to be here long term then why do we try and make all of our purchases with little to nothing up front? That has no impact on PSR, but shows an owner who has checked out and trying to push costs to the next owner.

Oh I get that, but for some time it has been doing the minimum and indications are still that.

If Moshiri was going to be here long term then why do we try and make all of our purchases with little to nothing up front? That has no impact on PSR, but shows an owner who has checked out and trying to push costs to the next owner.

Well he’s going to have to check back in I’m afraid, because at the moment the club is unsellable due to the mess he has created.

The fans should be putting pressure on him to cover his 777 debt. It’s a Mexican stand off between him and Friedkin currently. If Moshiri foots the bill for that then we’re sold tomorrow. It’s his debt, nobody forced him to pursue those criminal gangsters relentlessly for 10 months. It’s high time he paid a price for his mistakes which have put the future of the football club into jeopardy. We need to force the coward out of hiding.

Im not disputing that Moshiri has checked out.

To me he has found a way to muddle through this time period getting the stadium paid for.
Now it might just be me but him being a madman with a huge amount of money behind him , think if he really wanted to sell up completely he would have found a way to do so.
It's no coincidence there have been multiple bidders wanting to buy the club & 4 failed exclusivity periods speak for itself.

Correct, he absolutely doesn't want out, possibly because Usmanov's money is greater than any temporary debt Moshiri can take on, but he's absolutely botching it up right now.

Well he’s going to have to check back in I’m afraid, because at the moment the club is unsellable due to the mess he has created.

The fans should be putting pressure on him to cover his 777 debt. It’s a Mexican stand off between him and Friedkin currently. If Moshiri foots the bill for that then we’re sold tomorrow. It’s his debt, nobody forced him to pursue those criminal gangsters relentlessly for 10 months. It’s high time he paid a price for his mistakes which have put the future of the football club into jeopardy. We need to force the coward out of hiding.

I don't know how connected you are to it, but that would be the one thing that would break the impasse.

@GrandOldTeam

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back