What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
The more I read about Friedkin, the more I'm terrified by him. Not that he's "bad" per se, but that he's a stunt pilot who's been in movies and a whole bunch of other things that makes me think he'll buy the club and immediately die in a fiery crash.
Ahhh, that explains the leaked message from Usmanov to Moshiri asking him to look for a fall guy.

I reckon - despite the justifiable 'corruptness' levelled at the Premier League hierarchy - we should give some credit to them insofar as they continually stalled on approving the 666 777 acquisition whether by accident or by design.

Admittedly, they were probably hoping we would end up in Administration because they couldn't relegate us by points deduction despite their best efforts but, for once, their dilatory stance appears to have saved as a Club and, more likely, actually strengthened us 🤞.

Thanks [Poor language removed] Masters ya inefficient tool.

Didn't you make a sweeping claim such as multi-club ownership was a disaster for "THE MAJORITY" of clubs involved, without elaborating on that point? And now you're getting snarky with @Nymzee because he won't itemise player transactions between clubs?

Be the change you want to see in the world, Dazzler.
Take a look at the state of 777's stable of clubs. And more broadly than that, look at the quality of clubs they bring on board: mostly no hope clubs or the odd one that gets ok and is used to service another club, like RB Salzburg and RB Leipzig.

Take a look at the state of 777's stable of clubs. And more broadly than that, look at the quality of clubs they bring on board: mostly no hope clubs or the odd one that gets ok and is used to service another club, like RB Salzburg and RB Leipzig.
Good think we aren’t being taken over by 777 then.

And don’t mean the Salzburg who won their league and Leipzig who came 4th in their league so both qualify for champions league. Tough break for them.

One thing I will say is it's not advised coming on here and starting a post with "am hearing" unless you've got a comprehensive answer to why you're hearing anything ha.
I hate it.

"I'm hearing"

"I was told"

No. You either read it on twitter or some fella in your Everton WhatsApp chat said it.

If it's not one of those, post a link to the original source OR activate the ITK klaxon and strap yourself in for a grilling that would make Herr Flick grimace.

Ahhh, that explains the leaked message from Usmanov to Moshiri asking him to look for a fall guy.
1718808523367.webp

Found one!

Not to speak for Dub Blue Nose, but apparently there is a 40 mill LOR bill that needs to be paid this week and expectation if Friedkin will pay it as part of the deal.

So there be a dead line of sorts to get this done this week.
If no-one turns up to site next Monday then we might have our answer :lol:

We're only going into it because that 'kin feller Moshiri is getting most for his shares off them.

There's literally nothing to recommend it for Everton.

We get subsumed into a group of clubs where we're not even likely to be 'the flagship'.
The benefits of Friedkin is that they are business people who know how to run a business.

They also understand how to run a football club, different to many businesses, as they have experience of doing so.

Who says we wouldn’t be the flagship, the Premier league is a much wealthier league than Serie A so making Everton a success offers far greater returns than doing the same with Roma.

We’ve already tried the being owned by a fan route and a clueless billionaire route and they certainly did not work.

Multi-club models should not be allowed and I'd rather we weren't part of one.
Agreed. But Dan is our owner and let’s hope he is a good one. I don’t think there will be a massive conflict of interest due to the gulf in class of the leagues, but I’d rather our owner only have their eyes on us. I am a jealous alpaca

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back