What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 585 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
Roma made 239 million last year mate, up from 179 mill the year before, that’s without PL TV/prize money or a new ground.

Villa and WHU income has to be our next target and we could and maybe should over take them, in a couple of years time we should be making £250 mill a year.
This is exactly why Friedkin want to buy into Everton. It's no secret that he's been after building a new stadium to help increase revenue at Roma, and for whatever reason he's not been able to do it.

And here we are, on a plate with one if the oldest clubs in world football, in the Premier league, shiney new stadium and a massive fan base.

To an intelligent business man like Friedkin the possibilities must be huge, and most if them involve making the football team successful.

This is exactly why Friedkin want to buy into Everton. It's no secret that he's been after building a new stadium to help increase revenue at Roma, and for whatever reason he's not been able to do it.

And here we are, on a plate with one if the oldest clubs in world football, in the Premier league, shiney new stadium and a massive fan base.

To an intelligent business man like Friedkin the possibilities must be huge, and most if them involve making the football team successful.
Or he will move the stadium to Rome via his plane?

Not so mate they are wiping out of part of it, we had 90 mill to owe on the stadium, they paid 40 mill of it this week, as part of the exclusivity conditions they had to settle the MSP loan - expect confirmation of that - that's 200 mill in debt relief, before they own the club and will be equity once they take over.

The restructuring isn't taking out new debt, its sorting the existing hole we have dug ourselves into, its essentially swapping credit card debt at a high rate of interest for a mortgage, nominal payments, over a longer period of time with lower interest - removing the pressure on the club. Its how Spurs and Arsenal do it. At the moment we are paying 5 mill a month in interest, with no principal being knocked off, with a restructuring the debt goes South and begins to be paid off incrementally. By doing so the cost of the stadium to the club, is about 200 mill or just North. Which is phenomenal. Additionally means that any financial benefit gleaned for the stadium can be kept with he club.

The assertion that they will divest the stadium from the club is without foundation - why would they, as i explained last night makes no sense, in fact immediately devalues their investment. The same assertion can be made of any previous Everton owner, why didn't John Moore's, divest Goodison from Everton, Kenwright as well - why didn't Moshiri divest BMD or doesn't before he sells. Why dont other PL clubs divest grounds for their club - because it undermines the investment and value and one is dependent on the other. A car seat is of very little value unless its in a car. What you are asserting doesn't make any sense mate.

Ill be keeping a wide eye on these lads - as execution is key, but i haven't see anything in their plans or actions so far that doesn't give me relief.
Additionally, the stadium has limited value without Everton.

No other entity can make use of it fully. The true value of it is to Everton alone.

It makes no sense to carve it out.

If you have a few hundred million spare to invest (or have the ability to invest someone else’s money) there infinitely better places to lump it than a non-big 6 PL club. If they are in it for the money only (money is an excellent motivator of performance to the greedy), their best hope is appreciation of the clubs value over time, just by being in the PL. They would blow that potential immediately if they slaughter the clubs playing and financial assets to the extent we become even worse on the pitch and get relegated. Leeds price was a fraction of the touted sale price the moment they got relegated.

The stadium they covet is a flat, safe revenue generator, but they would also be decimated if the calibre of sponsor and corporate customer dropped off a cliff in the Championship.

Jury will be out on how they preserve the heart and identity of the club obviously. Need to be very careful on that one. I’m sure we will here the usual lines about the history and fanbase.

I have no idea where you're getting the details of what they'll do mate. I mean, tbf, the only people privy to this are those in negotiations. The experts on the outside are taking educated guesses at what the likely outcome will be.

The stadium is the key here. No one would be looking at Everton without that stadium. Even Everton's PL status and the ability to keep the PL tv cash rolling in wouldn't be enough to attract the billionaires we've seen. Not now. We couldn't get another Moshiri in by staying at Goodison. The stadium is seen as a driver by prospective owners for generating revenue, but that won't be just it. It'll also be used to wrap the debt around. Call it what you like, but they'll be leveraging on that stadium to get involved in EFC. TFG know the dual value/purpose of a new stadium and the obstacles they face at at Roma in that respect will be the very reason they want Everton. This is all about the stadium.

You can take it as a matter of trust mate. All the bidders were informed that to enter exclusivity even before TFG became anointed that the 40 mill LOR bill had to be settled this week and MSP loan resolved - its why things have dragged a bit this week, it was part of all the bids Moshiri considered. To back that up - the PL put criteria on 777 and the same conidiations will exist for the TFG - thus far they have paid just under half the remaining stadium bill and MSP loan or have committed to.

Agree mate of course the stadium is a drives, if they tale out say an addition £600 mill of EXTRA debt on the stadium id agree with you - but all they have done so far is pay it off and take the risk of it repossessed away from the club away. I dont understand the point you are making on leveraging the stadium, the stadium is already leveraged and they just deleveraged part of it, what you are saying just isn't true, infact the opposite is at the moment. Huge commercial, entertainment, infrastructure fundraising opportunities at the ground - but none of them work if the profile of the club is in the toilet - the club is the driver. One is dependent on the other. You are right about the stadium value and opportunities, were you are wrong, is in the assuming the best strategy is to separate the club and stadium - loosening one devalues the other in fact both, its that simple really - its why no one has or does do it. If you are selling a car you wont get as much - selling the car with out an engine and the engine - separately - its why no one does it.

I don't know if you've gone back from 2020 and looked at Roma's books - i have, its a profile of reducing debt, reducing losses, investing for equity and raising commercial revenue - there just isn't a red flag based on past performance and as you know that's fundamental as a future indicator.

Can we unban @RealEFCInsider for the announcement please
He is still boring the ass off everyone about it on his twitter account lmao. :lol:

Can only post a screenshot because his twitter account is banned on here thank the lord.

[Publication is blacklisted].jpg

Not so mate they are wiping out of part of it, we had 90 mill to owe on the stadium, they paid 40 mill of it this week, as part of the exclusivity conditions they had to settle the MSP loan - expect confirmation of that - that's 200 mill in debt relief, before they own the club and will be equity once they take over.

The restructuring isn't taking out new debt, its sorting the existing hole we have dug ourselves into, its essentially swapping credit card debt at a high rate of interest for a mortgage, nominal payments, over a longer period of time with lower interest - removing the pressure on the club. Its how Spurs and Arsenal do it. At the moment we are paying 5 mill a month in interest, with no principal being knocked off, with a restructuring the debt goes South and begins to be paid off incrementally. By doing so the cost of the stadium to the club, is about 200 mill or just North. Which is phenomenal. Additionally means that any financial benefit gleaned for the stadium can be kept with he club.

The assertion that they will divest the stadium from the club is without foundation - why would they, as i explained last night makes no sense, in fact immediately devalues their investment. The same assertion can be made of any previous Everton owner, why didn't John Moore's, divest Goodison from Everton, Kenwright as well - why didn't Moshiri divest BMD or doesn't before he sells. Why dont other PL clubs divest grounds for their club - because it undermines the investment and value and one is dependent on the other. A car seat is of very little value unless its in a car. What you are asserting doesn't make any sense mate.

Ill be keeping a wide eye on these lads - as execution is key, but i haven't see anything in their plans or actions so far that doesn't give me relief.

Like the way you put things over mate
Very good read

He is still boring the ass off everyone about it on his twitter account lmao. :lol:

Can only post a screenshot because his twitter account is banned on here thank the lord.

View attachment 261642

Don't know how true that is, but i believe there are some issues to be worked through in due diligence and some concerns on the TFG side - mugginess involving Moshiri and some of the deals with creator's - 777. This isn't done until its done.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back