• 👍

Votes: 658 69.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 256 26.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 39 4.1%

• Total voters
Now it's official.

First of all a warm welcome on board. You've always been the right side of Liverpool.

What you can expect:

- financial stability. No doubt. TFG has reached the 13,3 billion revenues mark in 2023 - https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bu...op-100-houston-private-companies-19565974.php. They put 1 billion for Roma stability. I read on here we're making profits now. False. But they've succeded in curbing annual losses year by year. When they came in we were losing 140 million euros a year, in 2024 our loss should be 50 million euros or even less. With UCL money, if we finally get it, we should be almost ok.

- Few words. They simply don't speak, don't get interviewed, don't talk to anybody. I read the official statement about the Everton purchase and it's almost the same statement they made for Roma. These will be the last words you'll hear directly from them.

- Out of nowhere decisions. Since they don't speak, journalists are clueless about their moves. Everytime it's a big surprise. For example, nobody had linked Roma with Mourinho until the official statement was published on asroma.com.

- lack of personal understanding of the game. Even though 4 years at Roma must have somehow taught them a lesson or two, they're not football experts. They appoint a CEO, a sporting director and let them work. The problem is:

1) sometimes they feel the urge to bring in some big names, even though such names don't fit the project. They are cinema/showbiz people, watch Dybala's presentation to get an idea of the kind of shows they like to put on.

2) They choose their top managers through headhunting agencies. This has led to some strange decisions. But: you have to always remember that Italian football is unique. Common sense would dictate to bring in experienced Italian managers as DoF, General Director and so on. Personally, I think this would be the best way to do things. They don't. They usually bring in young directors who come from abroad (Thiago Pinto, Lina Souloukou). Imho this is backfiring because these people, though talented, lack any form of connection with the country they're working in. I'm 100% sure this will be less of an issue in the UK.

- When they think something should be done, they do it. They have sacked Mourinho and De Rossi without pleasantries. They seem to have no mercy and move on to the next manager or director whenever they see fit.

This has led to a certain lack of stability in the sporting and marketing area of the club. Currently we're in need of someone who knows how to run a football club in Italy at the helm.

All the banners you posted are 100% real, but they've been made by the ultras. De Rossi's sacking has been a shock for almost anybody and we all think the situation should have been handled better. De Rossi deserved it for everything he has done for the club. Yet those over the top reactions are 100% ultras only. Souloukou was threatened and she had to resign fearing for her own and her children'safety. Unfortunately Italy is what the UK would have been if hooligans hadn't been marginalised. A certain feeling of uncertainty is anyway widespread in Rome at the moment.
Good to hear. Thanks for sharing.
With Everton glasses on. I'm happy to hear this.

They have gathered experience somewhere else. We aren't the first guinea pig.
Hopefully, they've taken note and we'll benefit from their learning / experiences.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back