What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 702 70.1%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 261 26.1%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
More concerned with their unimpressive performance at Roma , than their conservationist abilities.
People are too in awe of their wealth and perceived glamour to examine their lacklustre performance at Roma ( after a promising beginning) .
Roma fans are not particularly happy with them at the moment .
They are distant and uncommunicative.
Appoint the wrong people for the wrong reasons.
Seem to confuse football with show business .
Do not display a deep understanding of football and how to run a club.
But they are solid on the financial side.
People have to earn my respect , just because a wealthy person made a one good investment isn’t enough.
They are rich kids who dabble in things that interest them movies , car dealerships, conservation , antique killing machines etc etc.
Do you what concerns me , the 777 gangsters had a greater breadth of football knowledge and experience in their organisation than these seem to .
Let’s see how how they perform with us before we decide whether they are good for Everton .
Or have we learned nothing .
The weird thing is the unquestioning adulation of them at moment , acting like lickspittles .
I’ll keep my cynicism for a while.
I’ve learned to trust it over the years.

….i actually don’t mind that they rarely communicate. I’m old and lived through our successful times and you’d rarely hear from the likes of John Moore’s but you were in no doubt they were there.

It appears to me that these are NOT football people so they employ football people in key positions and let them get on with their job. They even use expert recruiters to identify the right personnel for those positions (Manager/DoF).

They support the cause financially and they run the business side of things but they do not interfere with the football decisions unless things aren’t working, in which case they replace key personnel. We know from the likes of Man Utd that getting the right Manager/DoF combination is so difficult. Even with all their wealth, City struggled for some time as did the RS until they found Klopp.

Success on the pitch doesn’t necessarily come with investment, it comes with the right managerial appointments. Getting those decisions right continues to be the most difficult in the game, as Roma know full well.

Yep. The reality is that communication should come from the people who run the club at board level as it should be their vision and subsequent strategy that needs to be communicated. The only time I’d ever really expect to hear from the owner is if there is a vacuum at CEO level

How often did you ever hear Abramovic speaking, who did the speaking fir the peak Ferguson United, well ran clubs hire professional people and let them do their job.

….i actually don’t mind that they rarely communicate. I’m old and lived through our successful times and you’d rarely hear from the likes of John Moore’s but you were in no doubt they were there.

It appears to me that these are NOT football people so they employ football people in key positions and let them get on with their job. They even use expert recruiters to identify the right personnel for those positions (Manager/DoF).

They support the cause financially and they run the business side of things but they do not interfere with the football decisions unless things aren’t working, in which case they replace key personnel. We know from the likes of Man Utd that getting the right Manager/DoF combination is so difficult. Even with all their wealth, City struggled for some time as did the RS until they found Klopp.

Success on the pitch doesn’t necessarily come with investment, it comes with the right managerial appointments. Getting those decisions right continues to be the most difficult in the game.
Let’s just wait and see how they perform before we start going giddy and anointing them our saviours.

This communication business is simply a talking point for the likes of the Esk to moan about and provide content for his podcast. If the Friedkins open their gobs - content. If they don't - content. Both can be complained about.

I don't want to hear about vision and plans. I want action. Actions speak louder than words - and it's their actions by which I will judge them.

…ha, ha, they’ll have no doubt about the strength of anti-Dyche sentiment. I’m one of his few supporters, but if this is time for them to get their Manager/DOF in, then I fully understand it ;)
Trouble is, you need to make a statement of intent from day1. Fan disgruntled about DOF/Manager are easy targets. Just hope they don't rush it they had enough bloody time to prepare.

I hope our owners learn from the mistakes from Moshiri and their issues with Roma over managerial appointments plus communication to fanbase.

We have huge issues that have been papered over with finances, stadium, squad numbers and manager.

Dyche will be under a new pressure because stats wise these guys have no goodwill with him despite him keeping us up for two seasons. His "record" is sackable and I think another bad loss will see him gone.

Thelwell also is in the same boat as Dyche because he has question marks over his role understandably he has been restricted massively but he has still spent big money on Beto and Maupey plus Danjuma.

Despite our poor start, we will get a boost from this which I hope transpires onto the pitch because we have lost 8 points from winning positions this season.

I hope we can steady the ship before the full takeover because we need stop the rot and move up the table.

And Myers has also proclaimed 777 and Textor as serious contenders too… and neither were capable.
As did your podcast host and i'm sure you too.

1000108708.webp

I think people are giddy at the end of Moshiri. That's enough to be jubilant about for now,
Remember being giddy at the arrival of Johnson ?
Remember being giddy at the arrival of Kenwright?
Remember being giddy at the arrival of Moshiri ?
One F.A.cup later and three decades of decline , I think I’ll stand back and imbibe a heavy dose of scepticism .
Been fooled too many times now , won’t get fooled again.
This time let’s hold them to account from day one.

Remember being giddy at the arrival of Johnson ?
Remember being giddy at the arrival of Kenwright?
Remember being giddy at the arrival of Moshiri ?
One F.A.cup later and three decades of decline , I think I’ll stand back and imbibe a heavy dose of scepticism .
Been fooled too many times now , won’t get fooled again.
I remember being giddy at the end of Johnson. I was right to be. That what followed was worse was simple bad luck.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back