What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 698 69.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 262 26.3%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
That would not have been the case had he sold to 777…imagine if that deal had somehow gone through sometime in 2023? The club would probably be in administration by now. He’s lucky that a top-notch buyer was interested.
But he didn't. He waited for a credible buyer.

And this applies
Objectively he could've held on and looked for more money or just drained the club of any profit.

He's walked away with basically nothing. You can criticise him for a lot, but at least he actually did invest.

That would not have been the case had he sold to 777…imagine if that deal had somehow gone through sometime in 2023? The club would probably be in administration by now. He’s lucky that a top-notch buyer was interested.
I think we’ve been luckier than him.

777 would’ve been more lucrative precisely because they weren’t serious people and were willing to (try to) hit an asking price no one else would.

Thankfully for us, they weren’t able to get it over the line.

But Moshiri is poorer for being forced to accept the Friedkin deal.

I’m no defender of Moshiri mate, but I’m also objective, I’d say it was the ability of Friedkin to close, ahead of an expected cash call in January - I’ve hinted that club was struggling with that now for a number of weeks - it entailed the fit out of the ground. The club is being is run at the moment on the cash made in the transfer window and we would have went red in January.

You are right, Textor had a number of plates spinning. I never really took him seriously if I’m honest.

But I think ultimately, Moshiri had ran out of options of credit and with Jan looming needed a quick sale and would he would be sure to complete!

Still though he’s taken a big haircut and he’s that mad he could have dug his heels in - this is the first sensible decision he’s made since he’s been here!
He could also have sold branthwaite on deadline day to pay the bills and protected his position for longer. Bill did that with Rooney and arteta but moshiri hasn’t to his credit

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back