What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 700 70.1%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 261 26.1%
  • 👎

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters
Current matchday revenue(2023) comes out to 23m a year for PL matches at 590 per fan. At 40 per ticket thats 760 per fan. Include some hospitality to lets say 900 per fan(9th in the league) and matchday revenue increases by 24.6m to 47.6m per year. That only counts PL matches.
There are 4000 more corporate seats at BM that is where the big income change comes, at a conservative £2000 a seat that is a extra £8m a year I would imagine it will be more like double that?

Current matchday revenue(2023) comes out to 23m a year for PL matches at 590 per fan. At 40 per ticket thats 760 per fan. Include some hospitality to lets say 900 per fan(9th in the league) and matchday revenue increases by 24.6m to 47.6m per year. That only counts PL matches.

The meaningful increase in matchday revenue will be from the luxury boxes. Like the first class seats on a long haul flight, they are priced so far above steerage seats that a 10-pound bump per fan in the upper ring is welcome but hardly significant.

….i’d actually be very surprised if somebody on Friedkin’s team hasn’t been tasked with gauging the views of Everton fans on the range of issues impacting their club.

More specifically, I can see this site being a source of reference for them.
I hope not. Fans should be considered, of course, we ended up with Benitez as manager which was never going to work, for example. However, fans are fickle, and reactive, and emotional. I hope the Friedkins bring in professionals who trust their own judgement and are backed to make decisions for the long term by the ownership. God knows we've gone a long time without that clarity of purpose. For the record, I think they will.

There are 4000 more corporate seats at BM that is where the big income change comes, at a conservative £2000 a seat that is a extra £8m a year I would imagine it will be more like double that?

The meaningful increase in matchday revenue will be from the luxury boxes. Like the first class seats on a long haul flight, they are priced so far above steerage seats that a 10-pound bump per fan in the upper ring is welcome but hardly significant.
Right, theres much more than that, I just figured thats just an easy way to answer and show that 40 a ticket is actually a big revenue increase for basic seats. If our average matchday revenue went to 8th, tied with West Ham, it would be a 42m increase. Again, not including sponsorships, naming rights, and events.

He didn't wait for a credible buyer. Again, if he had his way we would be owned by 777/Acap right now. Only the league prevented that, not Moshiri.
I'm not convinced he was ever selling to them. It felt like he was stringing them along the entire time.

Continuous loans, seemingly unsecured, to manage ongoing running costs. It felt like a strategy to kick it down the line until the stadium was finished or another buyer stepped up.

Introduce (Ultra) Dynamic Pricing.
Those in the 20,000 obstructed seats can pay extra for missing the dross we're being served up.
Admittedly, and conversely, discounts for those at the front and really suffer. I mean really suffer.

Discounts if Keane comes on during the game; more if he goes off.

There's a whole range of potentials.

I hope not. Fans should be considered, of course, we ended up with Benitez as manager which was never going to work, for example. However, fans are fickle, and reactive, and emotional. I hope the Friedkins bring in professionals who trust their own judgement and are backed to make decisions for the long term by the ownership. God knows we've gone a long time without that clarity of purpose. For the record, I think they will.
The last thing we need from our new owners is to listen too much to the fans.

Couple of key points:

According to a representative of Everton Commercial at a recent meeting, sales for BMD are ahead of budget at this stage. Can’t say who or when, but the rep was very enthused by progress and all this weeks before this deal done.

The Fans Zone will be entirely focussed on Everton and Partners, this is key to how they will increase match day revenues, hence no local business partners of note and alcohol sales on the concourse instead of in local pubs.

Tickets will be priced to ensure full crowds, they will earn more from ancillary sales than tickets.

Sounds to be as they will want us there early and for us to stay behind after the match. I'm assuming they won't be asking silly money for a pint, then?

Sounds to be as they will want us there early and for us to stay behind after the match. I'm assuming they won't be asking silly money for a pint, then?
They do, but not had any indication on pricing, they are genuinely not stupid, they’ll know that too expensive means fewer customers, especially in lower income areas such as the local catchment.

The initial planning was about retaining supporters after the match so that 50k people don’t all leave at once, hence the fan zone.

Don't forget how much more the average fan will be spending inside the stadium compared to now. That will see a HUGE increase.

Whilst this on the face of it is good news, I’m reluctant to get overly optimistic about it as we’ve been here before and many of us, myself included thought Moshiri(Usmanov), might be the answer to all our problems when they took over. If they can bring about some sort of stability and the semblance of a well run club in the short term, hopefully our long term aspirations will become a reality too. Only time will tell, and patience will be required, it’s a big ask after years of being told we’ve had good times.

The seats for hospitality, for the “interested fan” start at £2500 per season, minimum 3 year commitment. These are largely sold out. Includes booze 3 hours before kick off, one hour after finish and a meal.

Due to travel requirements I did not take up the offer, but I reckon I could drink the difference between that and my current seat over a season!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back