The 'gallant' in defeat attitude - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roachey11

Player Valuation: £5m
I've been thinking this for a while, a few years in fact, with it evident again post match last night. We are in a shocking run of form and lost again last night albeit with a slightly improved performance and all of a sudden, there's shouts of 'renewed hope', 'superb performance' (one notable fan account on Twitter), 'the lads put a good shift in'. Am I missing something? Granted, the performance was slightly improved from Tuesday but let's be realistic, it was still very poor in a lot of parts and United operated in 2nd gear in the second half especially. This has been a theme which has gone on for years - awful runs of form followed by one decent result (or even performance in a defeat? and that one result seems to make everything okay again. Knocked out the cup then get a half decent result the following week and again, everything rosy again.
It's deflating being a Blue!

“They've brainwashed you into thinking finishing 6th is good. Is it [Poor language removed]”. Neville Southall 8/6/2013

This mate, and years of decline - as supporters were punch drunk, demoralised and broken.

We’re just looking for a glimmer of hope in any performance or result atm.

I've been thinking this for a while, a few years in fact, with it evident again post match last night. We are in a shocking run of form and lost again last night albeit with a slightly improved performance and all of a sudden, there's shouts of 'renewed hope', 'superb performance' (one notable fan account on Twitter), 'the lads put a good shift in'. Am I missing something? Granted, the performance was slightly improved from Tuesday but let's be realistic, it was still very poor in a lot of parts and United operated in 2nd gear in the second half especially. This has been a theme which has gone on for years - awful runs of form followed by one decent result (or even performance in a defeat? and that one result seems to make everything okay again. Knocked out the cup then get a half decent result the following week and again, everything rosy again.
It's deflating being a Blue!
It’s pretty much what everyone does with every aspect of life. You look for the positives, particularly where there aren’t many. I don’t think there’s anything specific to Everton or football in it, it’s just a natural reaction.

It’s pretty much what everyone does with every aspect of life. You look for the positives, particularly where there aren’t many. I don’t think there’s anything specific to Everton or football in it, it’s just a natural reaction.
You're probably right mate...I need to get better at it!

It is because people have been so starved of anything even mildly decent that they are at sheer desperation levels and will grab onto even the tiniest fragment of hope. That is what has been done to the club by everyone running it and everyone of them should be sacked. It is absolutely heartbreaking.

I accuse the club of living in the past regularly, but I am guilty of it too. Every time we lose to Man United, I burn inside. It's the only loss that comes close to the sting of losing the derby for me. That's because in my mind Everton are the peers of Man United and Liverpool. They are our rivals. They were always our rivals when I was a teenager and before. So, if younger people - I am 50 - are happy enough not to be humiliated, I can't blame them. They are far more realistic about the state of current-era Everton than I am.

9B10082A-3513-4939-9BCD-2F9468BBFA11.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.