The GOT Book Club

1-EAB7-CCA-F642-4-A4-A-80-E9-128-B7-B8961-D8.jpg

Picked up this gorgeous anniversary edition of Stephen King's 'Carrie' a few weeks back.
I've seen the original movie, but never read the book somehow.
It's a good read, I sped through it in a couple of days. His earlier novels do seem much less bloated than his cocaine years in the 80's tbh :lol:

Mad to think it's 50 years since this was released though!

545-CFB4-E-84-E3-4-F89-8-B2-D-86-EF155-CBA5-E.jpg

All the Fiends of Hell, by Adam LG Nevill

If you’re looking for recommendations for Halloween reads, deffo add this to your list.

Bit of a ‘Day of the Triffids’ meets ‘28 Days Later’ influence with the nightmarish, cosmic horror dialled up to 11.

Karl awakes from a several day flu induced fever to find most of humanity has disappeared in what is being called “the red night of the bells” A sort of unholy rapture that has taken all who witnessed it.

With 2 orphans in tow, Karl heads to the coast across the abandoned British south west to escape the red cloud that is moving across the country, raising unspeakable horrors anywhere touched by its crimson light.

It’s slow paced and very atmospheric, with the horror being genuinely freakish and unsettling.

If you’re looking for recommendations for Halloween reads, deffo add this to your list.

Bit of a ‘Day of the Triffids’ meets ‘28 Days Later’ influence with the nightmarish, cosmic horror dialled up to 11.

Karl awakes from a several day flu induced fever to find most of humanity has disappeared in what is being called “the red night of the bells” A sort of unholy rapture that has taken all who witnessed it.

With 2 orphans in tow, Karl heads to the coast across the abandoned British south west to escape the red cloud that is moving across the country, raising unspeakable horrors anywhere touched by its crimson light.

It’s slow paced and very atmospheric, with the horror being genuinely freakish and unsettling.
Sounds like one of those famous Anfield European nights

Another one of yours on my list.

Just read the reviews, which are amazing.

Keep the recommendations coming ;)

The Vollunteer.
A book,
about a Polish patriot who goes voluntary into auschwitz To gain information.
It's about him in the Polish resistance , inside the camp, afterwards in the uprising in Warsaw and after the Russians take over.
Well written from his papers , a bit dry in style no descriptions just this happened.
Pictures of the real people he is talking about ect
Lots of intresting stuff in the book if you like history.
Brave man , who put his love for his country above everything else.
I thought it was well worth a read

The Vollunteer.
A book,
about a Polish patriot who goes voluntary into auschwitz To gain information.
It's about him in the Polish resistance , inside the camp, afterwards in the uprising in Warsaw and after the Russians take over.
Well written from his papers , a bit dry in style no descriptions just this happened.
Pictures of the real people he is talking about ect
Lots of intresting stuff in the book if you like history.
Brave man , who put his love for his country above everything else.
I thought it was well worth a read
I can second this, fascinating.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back