THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
I became overly dependent on preworkout, basically to combat crap sleep. I cut the pre and just started hitting the sack an hour earlier and felt no worse off during my sessions.

I request a new program every 4 weeks. I’m a casual in the scheme of things, so that kind of frequency keeps it interesting enough that I know I won’t get bored and jack it in.

I have zero caffeine in my diet normally so I’d be nervous to try it in case I did get a little hooked. I wouldn’t want to reach new PB’s on it and think I needed it to do it again.

Reason I’m contemplating it is purely for those sessions after a long office day when your energy is really low.

I have zero caffeine in my diet normally so I’d be nervous to try it in case I did get a little hooked. I wouldn’t want to reach new PB’s on it and think I needed it to do it again.

Reason I’m contemplating it is purely for those sessions after a long office day when your energy is really low.
That was almost exactly my predicament. My caffeine intake otherwise was super low; I started off getting proper tingly face and feeling wired AF off one scoop, and then ended up feeling next to nothing. I was getting near the end of the tub and figured I either upped it to two scoops or jacked it in altogether.

I keep a 4-pack of Monster zero sugar in case of emergencies and just crack one of them on the odd occasions I really feel I need the caffeine to get me through.

That was almost exactly my predicament. My caffeine intake otherwise was super low; I started off getting proper tingly face and feeling wired AF off one scoop, and then ended up feeling next to nothing. I was getting near the end of the tub and figured I either upped it to two scoops or jacked it in altogether.

I keep a 4-pack of Monster zero sugar in case of emergencies and just crack one of them on the odd occasions I really feel I need the caffeine to get me through.

Yeh my mates are big into coffee so they don't really need it but I hate the stuff, and energy drinks. Maybe I'll try it once from my mate and see what it feels like?

Started the gym a couple of months ago, most serious I’ve ever taken it (last time I went it was mostly cardio and about 6 years back) and really feeling the benefits. Couple of questions though:

- Overall thoughts on using a pre-workout?
- How long do you keep one routine before you need to change it up?

I took pre workout once and it was like I’d had a Gary, so I avoid it now.

I change my routine every 3 months, started my new one on Monday and it’s been a good week on it so far.

Hiya handsome.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back