the hole in midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did watch the game and I don't really remember him moving inside. He drifted inside when he had the ball but was always playing right wing. Moyes hardly ever brings him inside. I remember against Nuremberg we started with Osman in the middle and after a while Pienaar had 15 minutes in there. Arteta moved inside for 5 minutes and ended up creating Vic's for for the pen.

The last time I actually saw him in the middle was against Man city at home and for the majority of the first half we ran the game. He looked class that day and was able to actually get involved alot more.

I think he'd be fine in the middle of the park in the premiership. If Osman can do it Arteta can. Arteta is as natural a centre midfielder than anyone at the club and is alot more natural than Osman.

When you look at him whats stopping him. He's not a weakling. He's one of the best at the club at retaining possession and shielding the ball under pressure. He's got great feet and is able to evade challenges and he has the ability to find space and dictate and game. Everything you need to be a central creative midfielder in my opinion.

Only thing he really hasn't got in his locker is tackling but in a five man midfield which is what we usually play he'd have tacklers around him in Carsley and Cahill. And lets be honest Osman can't tackle either and it doesn't effect him.

At the moment I think we have able cover centrally and Arteta's needed out wide but he's always an option and shouldn't be stuck out wide all the time. Especially in European games where the onus is to keep the ball.

Not so sure with the Martin Taylors of this world about, think hes more effective on the wing i.e. less heat!

Could always get Antonia Valencia to play on the wing, he's one of Wigans only good players, not afraid to take on fullbacks. Move Arteta into the centre.

Brilliant!!! Valencia looks top notch IMO, to good to be at wigan, i was actually going to post this myself, i would love to see him at Goodison.

I have the solution, Gees. My back is killing having to carry the decision makers round here.

Status
Not open for further replies.