The Illicit Power of Our Overpaid and Underachieving Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I dont see why we should. I mean, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, right?

Why should any other manager get support when their predecessors have all been hounded out?

That doesn't seem fair to me. Whoever gets the job...unless it's that 'kin galloot conman who many adore...WILL be hung out to dry by the players and then hounded out by the mugs who back them on the terraces.

That's the now established Everton Way.

Anyone who comes in with his record will rightly be hounded out.

In some seasons we'd be relegated with his form.

I think it shows how well Carlo did with the players he had at his disposal.
That he was able to get some sort of tune out of them.
If they are really as poor as some on here think. (which I am inclined to agree with)
We dropped off big time end of the season, but maybe that's because Carlo knew he was off. Or was a fair reflection of our level with the quality of players we have.
Either way the fact that Carlo got us losing by small margins mostly and had us taking points of all the big boys except city. Shows that despite how crap our players are, Rafael is an even worse manager and can't get a tune, and organise a defence, set piece or anything else.
Fraud!
Players also deserve some share of the blame for this season. But Carlo showed us that we are a better level than where we are now.

Anyone who comes in with his record will rightly be hounded out.

In some seasons we'd be relegated with his form.
He's been hounded from the off. That's my point.

Do you really think that doesn't impact at player level? A group of players who dont take much persuasion to clock off, hearing that the manager wont be backed? The performances are dire, the treatment room packed to the gunnels.

I'm just amazed we have 19 points this season.

Benitez was also too easy for players to hide behind unfortunately.

Something the club captain admitted they do.

It’s one of many reasons why it was a doomed appointment from the start.

He was always going to be on thinner ice than any other manager, and that’s clearly exploitable by anyone with a mind to do so.

The hire itself was the biggest crime.

No, any basic coaching does much better than what Jaffa did

Where would you expect this team to be in the league, right now?

Are we underperforming? It is a mid table level squad, with not the players of Wolves or Leicesters. It may be as good as Brighton’s but they have had longer together and under the same manager. Consistency matters.

Michael Keane. Seamus Coleman. Tom Davies. Glyfi Siggurdson.
Add Holgate to this.

It's not hard really. Get the players to win games. Stay in the job

The managers sacked didn't win games. The one that left us, did. Simple really.

Do you really think that doesn't impact at player level? A group of players who dont take much persuasion to clock off, hearing that the manager wont be backed? The performances are dire, the treatment room packed to the gunnels.

He wasn't. A few bellend fans.

If he was hounded out, howcome about a 100 fans left the Arsenal game in protest?

The problem with the squad is the obvious lack of leaders in the dressing room and on the pitch. No personalities at all.

Benitez was also too easy for players to hide behind unfortunately.

Something the club captain admitted they do.

To be honest I’m sick of hearing this crap from Coleman, he’s right but part of his job is to make sure another team doesn’t want it more than us, make sure everyone is giving their all in training. As good as player he was for us he is part of the problem.

I would say the results were (slightly) worse than they should have been under Benitez, because the players understood and respected the fans hate of this man.

It effectively got through to them that he was and remains a pariah. Tough to play well when a sizeable section of the fan base is vehemently opposed, and particularly if that opposition is well-reasoned, as it is in this case.

Reactions: JLW

I think that actually gave him more time than he deserved.

It made criticism seem more trivial.

Yesterday I shared a poll from Facebook showing he still had some good support from that demographic.

Results business.

He didn't get the results.

Michael Keane and Coleman had arguably their worst performances of the season yesterday, against dross Norwich. So for these 2 idiots I'd agree yeah.

But there's out there playing in systems that expose them and don't play to their strengths.

Eg. Stated wants doucoure to attack, so put him in a 2 man mid with Gomes? Who is hugely weak off the ball. That setup completely exposes the both of them and also burns doucoure out.

Now if you play Allan, gomes and doucoure

Let allan sit behind, surely that's more sensible?

That leaves us with the issue of getting all the attackers we want on the pitch, but what's the point in that anyway if the midfield is totally overran

Poor tactics from Rafael to continually be dominated in midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.