The impending forward crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should sign the 'new Vardy' - ie: some kid from the lower/non-leagues with a good scoring record and the potential to be good in the Prem. Unfortunately, our transfer policy seems to be to read the papers and buy whichever teams cast-offs they are touting at that particular time. It has ever been thus.

There can be no ideal solution because we dont have the cash. My pragmatic and doable partial solution would be to bring a tried and tested goal scorer in like Vardy to chip in with 7/8 goals.

That surely cant be beyond this club.
Dave he played 30 some games last season and only scored 3 as he faded due to being mid 30s with somone reliant on pace to excel at his game, 3 Years ago for sure but we need someone to hold the line that's not vardy

We should sign the 'new Vardy' - ie: some kid from the lower/non-leagues with a good scoring record and the potential to be good in the Prem. Unfortunately, our transfer policy seems to be to read the papers and buy whichever teams cast-offs they are touting at that particular time. It has ever been thus.
We literally just signed a 19 year old from Portugal. Our problem now is having someone who’s actually ready to score a goal starting this weekend.

Dave he played 30 some games last season and only scored 3 as he faded due to being mid 30s with somone reliant on pace to excel at his game, 3 Years ago for sure but we need someone to hold the line that's not vardy
He was injured and playing. Also you need more minutes on the pitch than 30 or so.

I've said that he's a partial solution only and that would be right.

I'd rather have Vardy in this squad when the window closes than no one, for sure. Forget Gnonto etc. They're not happening. We're in the marlet - if we are indeed still in the market - for free signings.

Look, let's get real. We're not signing any of these linked players. That's for the birds. Anyone believeing that hogwash deserves all the disappointment they get. It's a pisstake and the likes of Myers are in on that. You better believe it.

Let's just hope this club are looking at a doable pragmatic forward signing for someone who costs no fee and will get 5/6 goals. That might just be the difference between relegation and survival this season. Right now I cant see us improving on the 34 goals we scored last season that barely kept us up.

We need someone...ANYONE...to come in here and squeeze a few more goals out.

I know we cant affect things, but the dreaming has to end.

That’s why Ineacho was a decent suggestion, he knows how to finish. Daka too. Think Vardy may have been sussed out now at this level and add his age and diminishing pace, a lesser option for me than those 2.
and Leicester played to his strengths. played so deep and then long balls for him to chase.

take his pace away and that's gone. Still a good finisher but prob better options out there if our transfer department actually worked.

Doubt it actually happens but it wouldnt shock me if we try and get Lukaku in on loan as a last resort. He's talked about how he still loves Everton and wants to play in the Prem. And with how little interest there is in him right now, if the end of the window rolls and there aren't any big clubs interested in him and we haven't brought in another striker, I could see it making sense for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.