Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The issue regarding Martinez posts in the Everton only forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
Can I make a suggestion to GOT and admin? Can a reminder be made that there is a dedicated thread in the World Football forum for any discussion of Roberto Martinez, and that discussion of him and his time here and current position should be restricted to it?

I'm as much a sinner in the above respect (posting still about Martinez in that Everton forum), but the man is gone now and although reference to past managers in a casual way can sometimes be unavoidable, I think the last manager casts a huge shadow over the Everton forum still and his time at the club seems to be the only reason some people post in there in order to rake over the past rather than look at the present and future.

You cheeky git, I hadn't posted in the Koeman thread all day, had a quick glimpse in and it was you @davek talking about fat Stan and Martinez.
It has to stop. He's the Belgian manager now. Or maybe you think it's appropriate to talk about Walter Smith or David Moyes all day long in the Everton forum?

Upvote 0

As a club we want to progress, the best way to judge progress is to compare things to the season before, Martinez was our manager last season, a lot of the players in the squad were bought by Martinez, thus his name is valid in the Everton forum until such a time we dont have a single player left at the club that he bought.

:locked::locked::locked: please @micknick

Upvote 0
It has to stop. He's the Belgian manager now. Or maybe you think it's appropriate to talk about Walter Smith or David Moyes all day long in the Everton forum?
That's not the point I was making, you were chatting Martinez in that thread today before I even said a thing. Honestly Dave, really poor. Just like Martinez

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
As a club we want to progress, the best way to judge progress is to compare things to the season before, Martinez was our manager last season, a lot of the players in the squad were bought by Martinez, thus his name is valid in the Everton forum until such a time we dont have a single player left at the club that he bought.

:locked::locked::locked: please @micknick
Yes, I understand that and said so in the OP here. But those things can just be redirected to the Martinez thread...in fact, I hope thats what the mods do: just redirect every Martinez referenced post to that thread and the penny will drop.

It;'s nonsense we still debate him in an Everton forum - when other managers have their names almost entirely in their appropriate thread. I'm glad to defend RM in there and I will.

Upvote 0
Yes, I understand that and said so in the OP here. But those thongs can just be redirected to the Martinez thread...in fact, I hope thats what the mods do: just redirect every Martinez referenced post to that thread and the penny will drop.

It;'s nonsense we still debate him in an Everton forum - when other managers have their names almost entirely in their appropriate thread. I'm glad to defend RM in there and I will.

Our history defines our future.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back