Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The issue regarding Martinez posts in the Everton only forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
Can I make a suggestion to GOT and admin? Can a reminder be made that there is a dedicated thread in the World Football forum for any discussion of Roberto Martinez, and that discussion of him and his time here and current position should be restricted to it?

I'm as much a sinner in the above respect (posting still about Martinez in that Everton forum), but the man is gone now and although reference to past managers in a casual way can sometimes be unavoidable, I think the last manager casts a huge shadow over the Everton forum still and his time at the club seems to be the only reason some people post in there in order to rake over the past rather than look at the present and future.

That thread is no fun though. I couldn't give one what he's doing as Belgium manager, I want to discuss how he is up there as one of the worst Everton managers in history.
You can make that ridiculous claim in that thread in the world forum though and I'll make a monkey out of you in there when you do.

There's no excuse, imo: keep it in that forum.

Upvote 0
you can make that ridiculous claim in that thread in the world forum though and I'll make a monkey out of you in there when you do.
SHOTS FIRED

giphy.gif

Upvote 0

Well your current bug bear appears to be the style of play we currently play, now forgive me, but this isnt these players first season in pro football, they are not a blank canvas, they have brush strokes left from our last manager, some players have brush strokes left from Moyes, some from SAF, some from Jose and so on.

As much as 99% of us hoped it wasnt true, but Martinez was the manager of our club for the last 3 seasons, a lot of the players in the squad were signed by Martinez, its unrealistic to NOT mention him with regards Everton.

Upvote 0

Well your current bug bear appears to be the style of play we currently play, now forgive me, but this isnt these players first season in pro football, they are not a blank canvas, they have brush strokes left from our last manager, some players have brush strokes left from Moyes, some from SAF, some from Jose and so on.

As much as 99% of us hoped it wasnt true, but Martinez was the manager of our club for the last 3 seasons, a lot of the players in the squad were signed by Martinez, its unrealistic to NOT mention him with regards Everton.
I'm sure you can argue about style without reference to the previous manager. I;ve started that debate and I cant remember too often or even ever having brought RMs style in. So it CAN be done.

I mean WTF, should we start throwing in comparisons to Theo Kelly from the 1830s or Ian Buchan from the 50s?

They're about as relevant to us now as Martinez is. Yes, he left a legacy...one that can be discussed in his dedicated thread...where I await to wipe the floor with anyone over the issue.

Upvote 0

Where is the necessary thread in the Everton forum to discuss his time as Everton manager? I'm not interested in discussing how phenomenal Belgium now are. Please direct me to the necessary thread.
The Belgium Martinez thread was renamed that after he was made their boss. Take it up with admin. But that IS the repository for all Martinez related postings.

Upvote 0
I'm sure you can argue about style without reference to the previous manager. I;ve started that debate and I cant remember too often or even ever having brought RMs style in. So it CAN be done.

I mean WTF, should we start throwing in comparisons to Theo Kelly from the 1830s or Ian Buchan from the 50s?

They're about as relevant to us now as Martinez is. Yes, he left a legacy...one that can be discussed in his dedicated thread...where I await to wipe the floor with anyone over the issue.

Do we have any players left in the squad that Ian Buchan signed David?

Upvote 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back