Keep or get rid?

• Keep

Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Get rid

Votes: 97 80.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back on the transfer window he was signed I would never have predicted the players we bought with the Lescott money turning out the way they did. I thought Bilyaletdinov would be immense on the wing, Distin would turn out to be a washed up stop gap signing to give our youth centre backs to get experience and most of all I though Heitinga was going to be the classy ball playing centre back that Jags would flourish alongside. To be fair Heitinga was immense up to the World Cup then after a quiet season came back again in 2011/12.

Looking back on the transfer window he was signed I would never have predicted the players we bought with the Lescott money turning out the way they did. I thought Bilyaletdinov would be immense on the wing, Distin would turn out to be a washed up stop gap signing to give our youth centre backs to get experience and most of all I though Heitinga was going to be the classy ball playing centre back that Jags would flourish alongside. To be fair Heitinga was immense up to the World Cup then after a quiet season came back again in 2011/12.
...then got benched for the whole next season basically.

I, personally, don't blame him if he wants to leave - you can't treat a WC finalist by benching him cuz of no reason; can't imagine that making him happy and confident.

Sad really.

He really was a "Colossus" for us two seasons ago and dare I say, world class. One of the three most important players in the squad at that time.

Now....??? Well I don't know what's happened to be honest and I suspect most on here don't either. Lack of confidence, lack of form, disinterested, etc...??? Who knows?

All I know is as long as he's a positive influence in the dressing room and willing to play a role for us, I'm fine with him staying. If someone wants him for 6M, then I'd say we look to sell and bid him "good luck and farewell."

He was awful in that final.
I think he did fine, played well, did what was needed of him and received a red card for a foul that didn't exist.

Then again, he's now not a fan favourite any more, so everyone's going to hate him and say that he never did anything and try to lynch him.

I hope Martinez doesn't mismanage him so bad and brings his form back. Doubt that fans will let that happen, but hey.

Best move for him would be to move right now, as he won't be happy here for a while.

It doesnt matter what he does, some balloons will be on his back regardless.

I cant blame footballers in general for having no loyalty when some fans have no loyalty to players. Heitinga went through a poor patch last season, something he has admitted himself. Now though it just feels as if fans are making things up to have a go at him on the pitch.

Johnny had to work hard with me. I wasn't happy with him, thought he was limited and overpriced, cumbersome and without concentration, but he morphed into a top class centre half with a knack for crunching the right players at the right time and appreciating the fans. His incredible seal-out of Wayne Rooney in that 3-1 win over United cemented his place in my good books and I am nothing if not loyal: for that, I haven't given up on Johnny. If he stays I think we still have a good player on our hands, if he leaves its with my blessing.

Can't see why any other club would pay those wages for him when he's badly gash.

Maybe some Russian club might. PHONE THE RUSSIANS BILL YOU BELL.

Can't see why any other club would pay those wages for him when he's badly gash.

Maybe some Russian club might. PHONE THE RUSSIANS BILL YOU BELL.

russian-hat-guy.JPG

We take your Heitinga, for some smokes and 70 bottles of Vodka

Heard he's a pyar bellend as well. I've gone right off him. Its a shame coz I loved him not so long ago. Oh fickle football fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back