The Kit Thread - Season 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people being called bigots for pointing out the obvious similarity? I mean if someone is genuinely saying the club have partnered with the UFF then yeah that's nuts but come on.

Are people being called bigots for pointing out the obvious similarity? I mean if someone is genuinely saying the club have partnered with the UFF then yeah that's nuts but come on.
Don’t agree with the bigot shout, but it’s a bit weird if that association is the first thing your brain jumps to, as opposed to, I dunno, the actual kit it’s based on.

Don’t agree with the bigot shout, but it’s a bit weird if that association is the first thing your brain jumps to, as opposed to, I dunno, the actual kit it’s based on.
It depends on your upbringing I suppose. I mean i'm joking about it and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I have to be honest and say the first thing I thought when I saw it was yikes, my grandad wouldn't have liked that.

No one has said anything that I would see as bigoted, but I think it's bonkers to draw political conclusions to the kit. The only way a colour can become political is if someone wants it to be political.

People can like the kit or hate the kit, that's up to them. But it's a football kit, and nothing more.

No one has said anything that I would see as bigoted, but I think it's bonkers to draw political conclusions to the kit. The only way a colour can become political is if someone wants it to be political.

People can like the kit or hate the kit, that's up to them. But it's a football kit, and nothing more.

Will say though that the addition of bowler hats and a marching band to our pre match routine at the same time is a bit suspicious.

I quite like it. Re colours and deeper meanings - people see what they see in things. I worked in glasgow for a bit and they were forever asking whether us the reds were the protestant or catholic teams - thats just not how football support developed in liverpool thank goodness.

on the plus side you can get hold of these from 4th june - feels a lot more business like than a few years ago when i went to buy a home shirt on the opening day only to find out they’d sold out and didn’t know when the next delivery was due

It depends on your upbringing I suppose. I mean i'm joking about it and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I have to be honest and say the first thing I thought when I saw it was yikes, my grandad wouldn't have liked that.

Both sides of the spectrum here. For me the sight of an orange sash immediately shouts people in silly hats who need their hard-drives checking marching about a battle over 300 years ago. I'm gonna shut up now and remember the boss Peru shirts from world cups gone by.

True. You aren't the only bigot unfortunately.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back