The Kit Thread - Season 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people who remain blissfully unaware of such associations. Good luck to them. I envy them. But that doesn't mean the associations aren't there.

The bottom line is that you cant do stuff like this in Liverpool without it alienating a lot of people. And Everton FC should have known that before they produced this colour and design.

As I said above - and despite all the ribbing I'm getting right now - there will be a LOT of people who post on this forum who will agree with that point being made.

You just dont mess around with symbolism like this. That's the bottom line.

For what it's worth I agree.

96FF8898-EAF8-4F33-ADB4-4E36B24F35A6.webp

This is all very profound all this.

Perception.

What is real, how do you define real? Its all electrical signals to be interpreted.

Why is anyone arsed if its red anyway?

Everton - The Black Watch 1881.

Liverpool FC Foundation - 1892.

Absolutely mental, tip to our history, and nothing to do with them.
Personally I'd rather we didn't have red on our kits/stadium etc. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it like, but it's just a brand identity thing apart from anything. A bit like the liver bird, I actually think the whole 'it was ours first' thing is a bit petty and small time. Everyone associates red and the liver bird with Liverpool, that's fine, they can have them and we have blue and the tower.

Just seen this kit on Dignes insta, can’t believe I’ve missed 43 pages…..
Can someone summarise if I should be fuming or just pleased with a nod to Everton’s history? CBA reading that lot.

For what it's worth I agree.
10-20 years ago that'd have never got out of the room in any brain storming session for one of our kits.

I dont know, maybe they feel we're more sophisticated as a city to not even see these symbols anymore.

Unfortunately I doubt it.

This is what happens when a club drifts into a corporate culture and away from making common sense decisions.

Personally I'd rather we didn't have red on our kits/stadium etc. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it like, but it's just a brand identity thing apart from anything. A bit like the liver bird, I actually think the whole 'it was ours first' thing is a bit petty and small time. Everyone associates red and the liver bird with Liverpool, that's fine, they can have them and we have blue and the tower.

They've had blue on their kits, they don't kick up a fuss, it is just a bit small time as you said.

Long before we had this tense rivalry, people stood on the Kop together, would go watch the other team when the other was away, it was part of tradition. Personally, i can't stand them, but it's a colour.

You're right though, they don't own the name "Liverpool", they don't own the Liverbirds and they don't own the colour red. If we came traipsing out in a full red kit, then yes, i'd be fuming, but a tip to our history which existed 16 years before they even wore red.

Just backwards, enjoy a nice touch by our manufacturer, who actually cares about the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back