The Kit Thread - Season 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the stances you've taken against the club this one has to be the most mad for me.

Never change pal. I love it.
It's far from just being me though mate, as we can see.

I notice on other forums today there's been some raised eyebrows and / or heated discussion.

That's because it matters. Some people dont think it does, but it does. Very much so.

Away Carlo Dunc.webp

Who's it upsetting?
Some posters on here, fans on other forums, even a supporter club tweeting away about it.

As I said earlier: I'd love to know how the fans groups who consulted with the club and Hummel on this had their idea of the Black Watch kit shunted down another path. Those fans sure as hell wouldn't have asked for that particular colour shade. Why would they, it has nothing to do with our history?

Does the massive Cazoo branding bit make a difference?

Just wondering if it dilutes the sectarian sashy-bit.

If you stop and think about it, it's proper one kit ode to chaos and division. Religious divides, late era consumer capitalism (very 3vil, like), Everton Das vs. Virile young things.

I'm sorta humbled by the scope of it.

I'm convinced because I know our fans are good guys and know their stuff and wouldn;t ever seek to be divisive. They will have wanted the red sash of the original kit, not the catstrophe delivered.

The club are just serial bunglers who thought theyld be doing us all a favour keeping red off the kit and so said "Throw another colour on there that's lighter but doesn't look like the usual salmon" .

They are clueless people for the most part. Not clever at all. If they employed anyone at that club who knew their stuff they would have swerved this altogether.
The club can't really win on this 1 though can they?

Go with a historical design? It's got red on it.

Have a different red than the red people imagine the kit to look like ( 140 years later, there is literally nobody left who ever saw it and to my knowledge, no full colour photographs of the kit), and apparently its the wrong colour.

Go full Liverpool Crimson, or full Lodge orange, and yes, I'm sure there would be some questions raised. But this is neither.

It is Scarlet, a colour in its own right that is described as being bright red with an orange tinge, and more importantly, the word used to describe the original kit in the only tangible evidence we have of its existence.

And it looks boss.
IMG_20210521_110058.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back