The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I KNEW IT. I knew one of his sponsors would pony up the $$$$ for a move for him. You fleetingly mentioned this before LCAB - just in passing. Someone had said that Gatorade wanted to break into the market as Powerade I think has more of a stronghold? So it wouldn't surprise me. Smart move on Gatorade's part, and smart move on his agent's part to ask - as he should have.

Although now that I think about this - why didn't we turn this into some sort of lucrative deal and generate some more $$ out of it? Can't you see the LD/Everton/Gatorade ad in your head already? Couldn't we have negotiated this payment into a portion of a permanent deal? Opportunity missed...when this was rumored, this forum came up with many ideas on how to leverage his sponsors. Seriously, do we have a business development person at this club and what are they doing?!?!??!

2 Words ; ........

Elstone ..???? Maybe not , as it goes ......

Re: Gatorade and all...

I think this is a point that is often missed with BK and available investors:

During this time of what is allegedly lack of interest, we have had three of the most visible and marketable players in two of the largest English-speaking business investment communities to help whatever efforts we may have been making (or not).

(Donovan, Howard, Cahill)

Re: Gatorade and all...

I think this is a point that is often missed with BK and available investors:

During this time of what is allegedly lack of interest, we have had three of the most visible and marketable players in two of the largest English-speaking business investment communities to help whatever efforts we may have been making (or not).

(Donovan, Howard, Cahill)

Preaching / The Converted , my mate ...........

Although now that I think about this - why didn't we turn this into some sort of lucrative deal and generate some more $$ out of it? Can't you see the LD/Everton/Gatorade ad in your head already? Couldn't we have negotiated this payment into a portion of a permanent deal? Opportunity missed...when this was rumored, this forum came up with many ideas on how to leverage his sponsors. Seriously, do we have a business development person at this club and what are they doing?!?!??!

This is a perfect example of how us fans see opportunities to promote our club in the now modern way of doing it but the people who can make this happen just don't see the bigger picture and the rewards it brings. One of my first posts on here how things you mention above can make such a difference ie promoting the club to a widerscale which creates more interest globally but sadly our board dont seem to have the same vision.

On a Donovan angle..he twittered recently, that Gatorade where 'taking' him to the Super Bowl in Dallas this weekend and how he had 'the greatest sponsors' - so hopefully, this love-in will continue through out the year and into the next transfer window.

But onto the our American Cousins , who are exposed to so much marketing and sports related franchising and merchandising that it makes your eyes bleed just watching a fraction of the commercials during sporting events. This is aside from the magazines, posters, billboards, online marketing, product endorsements and placements during games and day-to-day living.

Here we see Beckham using a razor blade and everyone throws up a little in their mouth. But if in a America, you see LeBron James gulping down a Sprite or holding up a Big Mac - their sales go through the roof .

Our options could of been of astronomical proportions. Nike shirt sponsorship, Pepsi / Gatorade tie-in, coast to coast exposure..

We dropped the ball on this one and now it's getting kicked away every time we try and retrieve it. Let's hope some one on the board one day, wakes up and realises that football is a fast moving GLOBAL money making machine.. and that we are being left way behind :(

Status
Not open for further replies.