The Littlewoods clock.

Iā€™m the ā€œold fellaā€ referred to in some posts and rescued the Galaxyā€™s Street clock face out of a skip at the back of the Springfield Pub on Walton Road when an engineering firm in Springfield Place removed them from Goodison and scrapped the metal work. I believe one of the workers took the Park End clock face as it wasnā€™t damaged and that is the image in the Echo article from 2015 on page 3 of this thread.

I was approached by Everton Supporters Trust (EST) about 2017 about making a Lottery bid to renovate the clock but needed verification from EFC that it was the genuine article. Image on page 2 of thread with Andy Craven. EST met with Everton officials who said that they would pay for the renovation and locate the restored clock adjacent to St Lukeā€™s and the main stand. However there would be some delay on the project on account of some ongoing refurbishment work being undertaken at Goodison (disabled access etc).

I was interviewed by Radio Merseyside along with George McKane from Yellow House and the Dark House pub in 2018 but despite sending several emails and trying to see someone at the Liver Buildings Iā€™ve had no response from the club and not even sure if EST still exist.

The clock face is now in my out house as it was becoming weathered and the garden wall needed some repair. I went to see Ritchie upstairs in St Lukes prior to the Brentford game and he was going to raise this project with the club at a meeting that coming week. At the Sheffield Utd he told me the club were still interested in renovating the clock face and that Darren Griffiths would be in touch with him in due course. Apologies for such a long post and hopefully we hear something from the club before the start of our last season at the Old Lady.

Iā€™m the ā€œold fellaā€ referred to in some posts and rescued the Galaxyā€™s Street clock face out of a skip at the back of the Springfield Pub on Walton Road when an engineering firm in Springfield Place removed them from Goodison and scrapped the metal work. I believe one of the workers took the Park End clock face as it wasnā€™t damaged and that is the image in the Echo article from 2015 on page 3 of this thread.

I was approached by Everton Supporters Trust (EST) about 2017 about making a Lottery bid to renovate the clock but needed verification from EFC that it was the genuine article. Image on page 2 of thread with Andy Craven. EST met with Everton officials who said that they would pay for the renovation and locate the restored clock adjacent to St Lukeā€™s and the main stand. However there would be some delay on the project on account of some ongoing refurbishment work being undertaken at Goodison (disabled access etc).

I was interviewed by Radio Merseyside along with George McKane from Yellow House and the Dark House pub in 2018 but despite sending several emails and trying to see someone at the Liver Buildings Iā€™ve had no response from the club and not even sure if EST still exist.

The clock face is now in my out house as it was becoming weathered and the garden wall needed some repair. I went to see Ritchie upstairs in St Lukes prior to the Brentford game and he was going to raise this project with the club at a meeting that coming week. At the Sheffield Utd he told me the club were still interested in renovating the clock face and that Darren Griffiths would be in touch with him in due course. Apologies for such a long post and hopefully we hear something from the club before the start of our last season at the Old Lady.
Terrific postšŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Fab!šŸ’™

That blooming thing used to system overload every now and then,it could never cope if there was more than three goals in a gamešŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Not in this gamešŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I was so gutted as a kid that my dad didnā€™t take me to this one!!!
IMG_9771.jpeg

If & when we move, the club should cash in on the memorabilia side of things - e.g. selling season tickets seats to supporters etc the rest should be found a place in BMD memorabilia etc - for instance Dixies Statue & the new Holy trinity statue have to be found place outside BMD -
Also I would like to see it named Bramley Moor Park with a sponsor's name before that name as it's not a Dock any more etc ..... Those windmills look awful to a nice wind break to hide them & of trees to protect the ground from the sea wind & a new Ferry terminus for fans to travel easier from the Wirral - The King's Dock had that all in place .....
I would personally prefer the statues to be kept in the Goodison area even after the stadium is gone as that's where they became legends in their own right.
Would be up for the club to have replica statues made though for BMD and preferably an improvement on the holy trinity statue

I would personally prefer the statues to be kept in the Goodison area even after the stadium is gone as that's where they became legends in their own right.
Would be up for the club to have replica statues made though for BMD and preferably an improvement on the holy trinity statue
They should be moved IMO agree with the Holy Trinity Statues though .....

If Goodison is totally demolished I'd be worried about the statues getting vandalised, unless they put railings around them