The Modern Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
i havent convinced myself about anything - there are males out there who do belive that men and women are equal, that a womans place is not in the home to cook and clean and pander to their needs. (honest its true)

Some modern men stay at home (do the cleaning, cooking and take care of the children) while the women go out to work - some men do that even when they go out to work too.

modern man wouldn't think twice about cooking a meal without being asked, he'd do it quietly without having to shout from the kitchen 'where's the spices kept or is this saucepan ok'.

modern men cry.

modern men are more sensitive to a womans feelings.

well, you have opened the playing field up there quite some way.

men and women arent equal, women get to bare children - thats a basic and fundamental difference right there.

a womans place can be in the home, children bond (as babies) with their mothers first, thats not chauvenism, its just biology.

surely a relationship is about 'give and take', labeling one half as 'pandering' isnt fair and equal is it.

we can both pick out examples of what we have seen or know about 'modern' individuals, whether its running the home and caring for children, or doing the hunter gatherer bit (in all its guises)

modern man wouldn't think twice about cooking a meal without being asked, he'd do it quietly without having to shout from the kitchen 'where's the spices kept or is this saucepan ok'.

this quote says to me that you are taking the piss, it can cut the other way just as easy so your point about equality is still paramount - and the old stereotypes about a man wanting praise for any effort in the kitchen, or being purposfully a pain regards pots, pans and spices leads me back to "in the home to cook and clean and pander"

i wonder about the 'feelings' thing, if relationships are equal, then are women automatically 'more' in touch with mens feelings? if this is the case why do women 'in general' seem to fall for blokes that are arseholes? sometimes cheats, sometimes violent, sometimes junkie scum... where does being 'more' in touch with womens feelings fall in cases like this?

(no malice said, all honest points. :) )

I could easily flip this around and say that modern woman appears to be one who is happy to drink as much (if not more) than any man, belch, fart and scratch orifaces with the best of us, out cuss my doppleganger and generally act like a lager ladette.

ok you got me on that one - but not all modern women are lager ladettes :lol: :lol:

well, you have opened the playing field up there quite some way.

men and women arent equal, women get to bare children - thats a basic and fundamental difference right there.

a womans place can be in the home, children bond (as babies) with their mothers first, thats not chauvenism, its just biology.

surely a relationship is about 'give and take', labeling one half as 'pandering' isnt fair and equal is it.

we can both pick out examples of what we have seen or know about 'modern' individuals, whether its running the home and caring for children, or doing the hunter gatherer bit (in all its guises)

this quote says to me that you are taking the piss, it can cut the other way just as easy so your point about equality is still paramount - and the old stereotypes about a man wanting praise for any effort in the kitchen, or being purposfully a pain regards pots, pans and spices leads me back to "in the home to cook and clean and pander"

i wonder about the 'feelings' thing, if relationships are equal, then are women automatically 'more' in touch with mens feelings? if this is the case why do women 'in general' seem to fall for blokes that are arseholes? sometimes cheats, sometimes violent, sometimes junkie scum... where does being 'more' in touch with womens feelings fall in cases like this?

(no malice said, all honest points. :) )

as much as i hate to say this - you're just too clever for me:(

Latch. The great man had died in my eyes tonight, the bald patch talked about in hushed tones is in fact a thumb print.

Latch always puts down the toilet seat after he's finished.

Latch is going to explode out of the closet one day.

Latch hold hands, and likes it.

as much as i hate to say this - you're just too clever for me:(

you were doing so well up to there, im not too clever for anyone, and i was hoping to get a little honest insight from yourself.

i have a question, as men have the possibility of being 'modern', what is the same possibility for 'women' today?

Latch. The great man had died in my eyes tonight, the bald patch talked about in hushed tones is in fact a thumb print.

Latch always puts down the toilet seat after he's finished.

Latch is going to explode out of the closet one day.

Latch hold hands, and likes it.

put the loo seat down - you're joking aint you . . . . . god the amout of times i've heard - ooo i forgot :lol: :lol:

the toilet seat is a nonsense.

if women want men to sit down whilst urinating, then the space required to extend mens toilets into having proper loo's instead of standing urinals should come from the ladies toilets. (equality ;) )

the way i look at it, men lifting the seat up so they dont splash or spray on the seat is the ultimate respect that can be paid, because i am a veteran of mens toilets, and every single one that isnt unisex always has a splash of urine (or worse) on the seat thats been left down.

men can lift the seat, thats fine, lets not make an issue of women putting the seat down, its so minute its a nonsense.

you were doing so well up to there, im not too clever for anyone, and i was hoping to get a little honest insight from yourself.

i have a question, as men have the possibility of being 'modern', what is the same possibility for 'women' today?

you mean that i gave up too easily :lol: :lol: god if i'd known that im sure i would have carried on

the stereotype of a modern woman is meant to be a ladette - just as B.W
said before, personally i think thats wrong - not all modern women drink, swear and behave like men.

I know that i will kick myself for saying this - but i think that whatever a man can do a woman can also do (and im not going to be sarky and say that we do it better :lol: )
there are more women doing mens jobs these days than there used to be, and i think thats a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back