The Moshiri Years; A Litany of Wasted Millions

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_6581.png

To put it in perspective though, a table has come out looking at the net spend of clubs over the last ten years. We rank as 10th highest in England, marginally above Palace.
We never went crazy like is often alluded to, we just signed some awful players on some ill advised contracts.

Baffling that you use the 1 player who's career was ruined by injury.

Nobody has any idea how he would have played for us and is probably the 1 unknown in the whole Moshiri era.
I was talking to a Mainz supporter on the bus to that pre season friendly the year we bought him from there.
He said he was a good player - but he had been injured a lot recently. So, in a way - it was a 25m gamble - buying an injured player.

For me the alarm bells started to ring when we paid nearly £25 million for this donkey.

Morgan Schneiderlin​

£24m, Manchester United, January 2017

For me the red flag was the signing of Bolasie for £27 million expecting him to quadruple his goal output. I think Palace bought him for £800k or something.

We've also spent £100 million sacking managers. Remeber wages and sacking managers dosen't show up on net spend charts.

To put it in perspective though, a table has come out looking at the net spend of clubs over the last ten years. We rank as 10th highest in England, marginally above Palace.
We never went crazy like is often alluded to, we just signed some awful players on some ill advised contracts.
Perhaps its because we have not consistently blown gobs of money every window - some windows we spent a pittance. But when we went whole hog we really pushed the boat out.

Status
Not open for further replies.