The Moshiri Years; A Litany of Wasted Millions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farhad Moshiri joined Everton in February ‘16 and the £millions wasted on personnel who took lots out but put little in is a testament to the failure of his tenure.

Players acquired for more than their worth, failed managers and coaches, Board members, DOFs, ordinary personnel on extraordinary contracts largely unable to shift. Failures significantly outweigh the successes, the shameful Moshiri years.

Thought it might be an idea to capture the litany of waste in a single thread;

J P Gbamin, purchased £25m, 5 year contract, played 6 games;

View attachment 226433
FFS! His own thread

For me the red flag was the signing of Bolasie for £27 million expecting him to quadruple his goal output. I think Palace bought him for £800k or something.

We've also spent £100 million sacking managers. Remeber wages and sacking managers dosen't show up on net spend charts.

This spooked me at the time and yet no one cared because we were “brewstered lad and we take who we want”. We spent 2 months “chasing” Mata and Witsel to no avail, signed Stekelenburg on a free who was meant to be third choice keeper and ended up being first choice, then 2 games into the season ended up spending £28m on Bolasie as our marquee signing. A huge, huge red flag moment.

I was talking to a Mainz supporter on the bus to that pre season friendly the year we bought him from there.
He said he was a good player - but he had been injured a lot recently. So, in a way - it was a 25m gamble - buying an injured player.
That's the first criteria of an Everton transfer.

In a nutshell, an offshore accountant who tried to take control of Arsenal - & BK invited him here - spent 100s of millions with his backer & his poor knowledge has nearly bankrupted our club - He needs to sell - The new Ground is our only asset & our History .....

….might not have cost much but we paid him lots to sit in the treatment room. Don’t sign footballers with a history of large leg muscle injuries;

IMG_6586.png

The summer (2017?) we signed Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson was a sign the lunatics had truly taken over the running of the asylum! Supposedly three no’10s, signed by three different people - madness!
Just one of far too many red flags during Moshiri’s time here!

“Spread the goals around the team”
“Pace doesn’t matter it’s about how quickly you move the ball”
“Won’t be mentally weak anymore with all these captains”

And other such gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.